Self Advocate- Metro PCS

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 3, 2018
currently Metro PCS is having an offer that is 2 lines for $80 with unlimited everything and 2 free phones up to $399 with transfer of numbers from another provider. I attempted to do this but was told that my provider-Walmart Family, is on T-Mobile network, the same as Metro PCS. I was offered $50 off each phone and $60 per line. $80 turned into $520 real quick. I declined and left. using the executive contacts here, I sent a polite email explaining the issue and my concerns and wished to see how we could work things out. I sent the email late Friday and didn't expect anything until Monday at the earliest or more likely to be ghosted and that would be it. I was quite surprised to receive 2 emails on Saturday, one from a regional manager and one from a regional VP. I have spoken to each on the phone and they are working on honoring their advertised offer with me.

I have been reading Mr. Elliot's work for years (possibly 10+) and used every piece of advice he gave, polite, clear concise and to the point. non-adversarial attitude wishing only to get what was offered. I provide a link to their web ad and pointed out that there wasn't a disclaimer limiting who was eligible to be included. they agreed with my observation.

at first I was angry at a perceived bait and switch tactic, but waited to calm myself. best advice Chris ever gave. Currently awaiting a call once they get with the branch manager and coordinate the situation.

so far, everything I have learned from Chris and Team have worked out. I will update this as events unfold, be it good or bad.

once again, thanks to everyone here and the work you do to help and protect the David's from the Goliaths.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Well done, Witfull! It is SO difficult to put annoyance and anger into a box and leave it there. But as you see, it's very beneficial! Everybody has a job to do, and being less than polite/charming is not the way to go. "Screaming" at someone who did not cause your problem seems to be the way most people handle issues like this. But as we always say "You want the person reading your letter to want to help you" and you obviously understood every word of that advice - very happy this got straightened out so quickly. Thanks for the kind words.

Mar 3, 2018
just received a call again from the regional manager asking which model phones I wanted to make sure they were available. I also asked for an email concerning the situation incase the branch manager decided he didn't want to play nice, and as Chris always says, get a paper trail.

I have learned through 21 years of law enforcement to compartmentalize feelings and be professional. always deescalate a situation, it always works out better for everyone. I have things set up to go to the store on Tuesday to make the switch. I also told the regional manager that the sales rep was great at the store but her boss was the unwilling participant and wanted to make sure she got acknowledgement for her work. hence my going in Tuesday when she is working, as they work on commission. she earned it.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
just received a call again from the regional manager asking which model phones I wanted to make sure they were available. I also asked for an email concerning the situation incase the branch manager decided he didn't want to play nice, and as Chris always says, get a paper trail.

I have learned through 21 years of law enforcement to compartmentalize feelings and be professional. always deescalate a situation, it always works out better for everyone. I have things set up to go to the store on Tuesday to make the switch. I also told the regional manager that the sales rep was great at the store but her boss was the unwilling participant and wanted to make sure she got acknowledgement for her work. hence my going in Tuesday when she is working, as they work on commission. she earned it.
And what you learned in your career about staying calm and giving a rational explanation surely helped you case. This is a great story for us to read.

Mar 3, 2018
Update, more than a paper trail. full commitment in writing. copy/paste from their email.

Mr. ****** (name redacted)

Per our conversations yesterday, we will honor and give you the Switcher Promotion in order for you to port you two numbers over to MetroPCS. We will give you two LG Stylo 3 Plus for free.
I’ve contact the Account Manager (Alex M.) and Account Service Rep (Nick B.) that oversee the authorized dealer located at 29 west white horse pike Berlin NJ. They will ensure the location is aware you will return on Tuesday March 6th to process the transaction. We apologize for any inconvenience you’ve experienced. We’re happy to have you as a customer!
Kind regards,

Eduardo Albarran
Manager, Field Customer Ops

this should bring a smile to the Good news guy and all the Self Help writers. I am still amazed that this all transpired over the weekend. PCS has had its share of complaints around the internet, but if this is how they fix it for those that work with them, I am in. someone point this to Chris, he needs a smile, and Chris, if you read this, we have emailed in the past, and I want to give you a personal thank you.

Mar 3, 2018
another update, went into the store and no one knew anything. produced the email and the employee had to make several calls and finally got things switched over. on the paperwork it was the Promo as described. once home and playing with the new toys, checked the My Metro app and saw it was entered wrong, 1 phone unlimited for $50 second line 2 gig data @ $30. sent email to my contact and he straightened things out to the proper promo.

so, my final analysis is, not a well organized company. I wonder how many folks saw this offer and with out the knowledge of Elliott.org got bait and switched. I am sure I am not the only one. we will see how things go.

Jun 25, 2018
http://www.elliott.org/problem-solved/metro-pcs-special-offer-that-wasnt/

seems the shenanigans continue. I have found out that they are franchised locations and this may be why they try to "up sell" the plans. their service is great, just not in store.
We are pressured to sell at $50 or $60 plans or else we get a red (bad) score on our MRC (Monthly Recurring Charge) portion of our report cards. There is also KPI (key performance indicator) and NGA. In the LA market specifically, dealers get fined by the master dealer $200 if scores are low. This is bs but we have no power over this since once customers leave the store, they either change their plans, cancel their lines to resell the phones, or do an ESN change. These changes are done by calling DSG also known infamously as "disqualification support group" by dealers. DSG works for corp who loves cancellations, same day esn changes because this disqualifies dealers for reimbursements/commission if done under 8 days. It used to take 31 days to receive commission but after YEARS of complaints, corporate changed the compensation/commission to more than 7 days of customer account activity. Dealers take all the risks and losses. ASRs know this business model is unethical and wrong but they don't have power over this either. Also all these free phone promos have loopholes which customers exploit to get more than the 5 free phone per household limit. Some customers get caught and have their photos from CCTVs circulated within group chats to not sell to these type of people. The resellers make it harder to sell it to legit/loyal customers. Recently, I received photos of one person who bought 12 phones total, 4 from 3 different stores. I assume for each purchase he made it under a fake name, fake address, etc and possibly a high security password.

Luckily, my employees are well trained to spot these shady customers. Some of these people have dozens or hundreds of free phones.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018
We are pressured to sell at $50 or $60 plans or else we get a red (bad) score on our MRC (Monthly Recurring Charge) portion of our report cards. There is also KPI (key performance indicator) and NGA. In the LA market specifically, dealers get fined by the master dealer $200 if scores are low. This is bs but we have no power over this since once customers leave the store, they either change their plans, cancel their lines to resell the phones, or do an ESN change. These changes are done by calling DSG also known infamously as "disqualification support group" by dealers. DSG works for corp who loves cancellations, same day esn changes because this disqualifies dealers for reimbursements/commission if done under 8 days. It used to take 31 days to receive commission but after YEARS of complaints, corporate changed the compensation/commission to more than 7 days of customer account activity. Dealers take all the risks and losses. ASRs know this business model is unethical and wrong but they don't have power over this either. Also all these free phone promos have loopholes which customers exploit to get more than the 5 free phone per household limit. Some customers get caught and have their photos from CCTVs circulated within group chats to not sell to these type of people. The resellers make it harder to sell it to legit/loyal customers. Recently, I received photos of one person who bought 12 phones total, 4 from 3 different stores. I assume for each purchase he made it under a fake name, fake address, etc and possibly a high security password.

Luckily, my employees are well trained to spot these shady customers. Some of these people have dozens or hundreds of free phones.
the business model is what it is, and you willingly entered into it as I take it you are a franchisee or were due to the info you gave. but how I ask, does this equate to lying to customers? to me it seems predatory. there are other and better ways to up sell a customer. first is honesty. people appreciate that and will give more loyalty for it. treating everyone as a conman first and potential customer second is poor form. a simple Google search for Metro doesn't come back good for stores. prior to my first post I went into another location and the lone employee was on his phone talking and didn't acknowledge our existence. I asked for assistance and he seemed as if I was interfering with his life. it took him 2 minutes to end his call and then walked over to us perturbed. his exact words were "so, what do you want? I looked at my wife, then to him and said, "nothing now" and we walked. I have had excellent coverage and the one time I had to call customer service, they were great. if all that is so good, why cant first impressions be the same? it would do wonders.