Securing a refund for tour cancelled by Trafalgar due to virus/travel ban

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I only re-booked then waited to see what would happen. I received their cancellation notice for all travel in Aug.
When you re-booked you accepted a credit that was applied to the new booking. Once you did that you paid for the new trip by a credit. You are stuck getting a refund if the new trip is canceled by the same way you paid for the trip. You used a credit to pay for the new trip , so you will only get a credit in return.
You can always claim extenuating circumstances to get your credit changed into a cash refund. But understand there are 10's of thousands of passengers trying this and almost all are unsuccessful. I know I have said this before but I am leading to maybe a solution.
They informed me Trafalgar would only issue a voucher good thru 12/31/2022 on any travel and also I could transfer credit voucher to someone else
If you can transfer this to someone else , do you have a family member that might want to buy this from you ... maybe as a discount?
Did you ask if you can sell this credit on the open market ( for sure at a discount).
This might get you some of your money back if you do not think you would ever use this credit.