SEARS WASHING MACHINE REPAIR

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 14, 2018
SEARS problem with washing machine repair

I have a Sears warranty covering water heater, washer and dryer. The annual maintenance was done in May.

On Sept 24 Sears came . I was told the problem (with cycles complete yet wash left soaking wet) was due to a loose wire.
A few days later, the problem reoccurred.
Oct. 12 Sears came and installed a new motor. The problem was not solved.
Oct. 23 Sears repair person told me that 2 parts were needed and had to be ordered. A repair person could not come until weeks later.

At that point, I ordered a new washing machine (not Sears).

One part , that Sears ordered, arrived a week or two later. The second part did not arrive until December.
Being a good citizen, I called Sears so that the now no longer needed parts could be returned. They had UPS pick up the 2 parts (no cost to me).

I am a senior, going to the laundry mat was quite inconvenient. I wound up wringing the clothing out before placing them in the dryer. Since I have arthritis in my fingers, this was not easy.

I just want other people to know that Sears does not have competent repair people (this was 2 different men). I, personally, would not order anything from them nor pay for their annual service warranty in the future.

2RH2

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Sears is in bankruptcy and wont be around much longer. If you read our boards I think they are the most complained about appliance company here.

It’s a shame - their appliances were top rated years ago. You don’t say how old your washer was but I’m glad you were wise enough to buy another brand.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
SEARS problem with washing machine repair

I have a Sears warranty covering water heater, washer and dryer. The annual maintenance was done in May.

On Sept 24 Sears came . I was told the problem (with cycles complete yet wash left soaking wet) was due to a loose wire.
A few days later, the problem reoccurred.
Oct. 12 Sears came and installed a new motor. The problem was not solved.
Oct. 23 Sears repair person told me that 2 parts were needed and had to be ordered. A repair person could not come until weeks later.

At that point, I ordered a new washing machine (not Sears).

One part , that Sears ordered, arrived a week or two later. The second part did not arrive until December.
Being a good citizen, I called Sears so that the now no longer needed parts could be returned. They had UPS pick up the 2 parts (no cost to me).

I am a senior, going to the laundry mat was quite inconvenient. I wound up wringing the clothing out before placing them in the dryer. Since I have arthritis in my fingers, this was not easy.

I just want other people to know that Sears does not have competent repair people (this was 2 different men). I, personally, would not order anything from them nor pay for their annual service warranty in the future.

2RH2
Sears have overtaken American Airlines the longtime #1 on this site for complaints.
Chris Elliott has a current article on this topic.
https://www.elliott.org/blog/customer-service-disaster-sears-problems/