Sears Customer Service

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 2, 2017
Our five year old Kenmore Elite Refrigerator has been in and out (mostly out) of service since the beginning of July 2017.
We have a Sears Protection Agreement which we purchased after the first repair in July.
  • In total, we have had 8 service calls.
  • 4 Diagnostics (they order parts at this time and they get delivered to your home).
  • 3 Parts replaced.
  • 1 Call where tech was told not to replace the part as we were PRE-APPROVED to receive a replacement fridge.
  • 24 hours later the claim was denied, no replacement refrigerator.
I’m trying to be as concise as possible. I do have every detail and all receipts from all service calls to my home.
One tech, who has been to our house multiple times, since the beginning, still after 4 months cannot print receipts out. I have shots on my phone of his computer screen. I’m trying really hard not to insert sarcastic remarks.

As of today’s service call, the repairman with no receipts came out to put in a new compressor and drier assembly (diagnosed by a different repairman two weeks ago). He did not replace either part, says the parts in our refrigerator are NOT broken. He ran yet another diagnostic today and has ordered more parts, different parts.

My husband and I have added up all parts and labor to date, and we believe it would cost Sears less money if they replaced our refrigerator.

We are looking to have Sears replace our refrigerator with a new comparable refrigerator which is approximately $2,500.

Currently, we are getting the usual run around from customer service (after reading numerous reviews on sears Customer service, we do not seem to be alone.

Do you think sending a letter Fedex priority mail to
Leena Munjal, Senior Vice President, Customer Experience and Integrated Retail would get us anywhere? Am I spinning my wheels seeing as though the climate at Sears Holdings is what it is today?

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post. Looking forward to reading your advice.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Suzy, pardon me for laughing, but using the words "Sears" and "Custoright nomer Service" in the same sentence is pretty amusing. I think you have an EXCELLENT case for a new reefer. But prying one out of Sears will require a great deal of patience and persistence. I know that the corporation is 'up in the air' but I can't remember the details. OOPs, my husband tells me that they closed 67 stores today. So I would start the quest for justice right now.

Compose a concise, polite email to Customer Service ... your job is to get the reader to want to help you. Give it two weeks, if no response, work your way up the beanstalk, one executive at a time, waiting a week between submissions. Our readers have had great success with this formula in many different scenarios, so be patient and persistent. Good luck and please let us know the outcome.

R

Realitoes

From the service agreement:

"We have the sole right to determine whether a Covered Product will be repaired or replaced. If we determine that a Covered Product is not repairable due to unavailability of functional parts or technical information we will replace the Covered Product with a comparable product."

"Replacement products may be new or refurbished to meet the manufacturer’s specifications of the original product. If you choose not to have your Covered Product replaced under this Agreement, then you may cancel this Agreement and we will refund the total price you paid for your current coverage."

Basically until they determine it is not repairable, they don't have to replace it. If they determine it cannot be repaired, they can replace it with a comparable product, which more than likely will be a refurbished product.

While it is always possible that they can give you a new one, it isn't likely, especially as a refurbished one will definitely cost them less! :)

Nov 2, 2017
From the service agreement:

"We have the sole right to determine whether a Covered Product will be repaired or replaced. If we determine that a Covered Product is not repairable due to unavailability of functional parts or technical information we will replace the Covered Product with a comparable product."

"Replacement products may be new or refurbished to meet the manufacturer’s specifications of the original product. If you choose not to have your Covered Product replaced under this Agreement, then you may cancel this Agreement and we will refund the total price you paid for your current coverage."

Basically until they determine it is not repairable, they don't have to replace it. If they determine it cannot be repaired, they can replace it with a comparable product, which more than likely will be a refurbished product.

While it is always possible that they can give you a new one, it isn't likely, especially as a refurbished one will definitely cost them less! :)
You are correct! The STUPIDITY of spending as much or even more on parts and labor than the cost of a new fridge, explains why they are doing so poorly as a company!

Carol Phillips

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 28, 2014
Coastal South Carolina
I agree that Sears makes it a torturous route to get customer service on a repair. And I concur that it's probably best to start with Customer Service and work your way up the chain to Leena Munjal, if needed.

Our Company Contacts for Sears Holdings are found here:
http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/sears/

Colleague @jsn55 had it right: Compose a concise, polite email to Customer Service ... your job is to get the reader to want to help you. Give it two weeks, if no response, work your way up the beanstalk, one executive at a time, waiting a week between submissions. Our readers have had great success with this formula in many different scenarios, so be patient and persistent. Good luck and please let us know the outcome.