Sears closing

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 5, 2019
I need a new kenmore hot water heater. (model 57240) Sears will not deliver within 100 miles or more of my zip code. (95065) help!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Why would you buy a product from a company that is going to go out of business? There are nothing but complaints about servicing of their appliances, warranties aren’t being honored and the company is very close to closing. Please read our forums from others who can’t get their appliances serviced.

There are many other companies you can purchase a water heater from that can deliver. Why not go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and order from a reliable company?

Sep 20, 2015
I need a new kenmore hot water heater. (model 57240) Sears will not deliver within 100 miles or more of my zip code. (95065) help!
Why is it you need that particular brand/model? In the "old" days Kenmore was a top brand, but nowadays due to Sears imminent demise they're awful and unreliable. Buy a reputable brand of water heater.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Find a reputable local plumbing company and have them buy/install a new hot water heater.

Feb 21, 2018
Check with your utility, too. When we needed a new hot water heater we opted to let PSE&G install (our local gas/electric company). They obtained the necessary permits, did the installation and permitted me to pay for the entire thing over 12 months, no interest, as part of my regular monthly bill.

Jan 5, 2019
I've had this water heater for 15 yrs. and still going. I didn't know sears was that bad. Consumers said it was a good product. So I guess it will be another brand. I will install. Thanks for the info.