Scammed over the phone from spirit - rescheduling

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 12, 2019
So I made a flight and about 48 hours before the flight I called to see If i can reschedule my flight to 3 hours earlier. I wasn’t in dire need to reschedule but I called to see if they can do it for a reasonable price because I’d love to get to my destination earlier.

I talk to customer rep who stated it would be around 45 dollars for two tickets rescheduling. At no point was the rescheduling fee discussed. I was not aware of their 100 fee but she should have informed me. Either way even if they charged the 100 dollar fee per person I got charged 420 more on top of my original cost. I contacted spirit to review the phone recording because I am that confident I got ripped off. I literally can’t believe a company can even do this. You would think I would realize the difference between 45 dollars more vs 420 dollars more. I left for my flight and then saw the bottom of my email that showed the amount they have charged. I just can’t believe it.

Never flying spirit again

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This is REALLY abominable, AClass. I know that these budget airlines are difficult, but this is a new low. I don't know how those agents look at themselves in the mirror every morning. Thank you for posting to warn others. I hope you are able to get some monetary relief using our Company Contacts.