Scam Customers

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 9, 2019
I'm losing resolution when I try to enlarge the photos of the receipts but they don't look like what I'm talking about. When you get a pair of glasses and insurance is involved you usually get something like

Frames V2020 $250
Lenses V2201 $150
Photochromic tint V2744 $150

and I'm not seeing that on yours. There should be some kind of breakdown of costs.

And why did they white out your name???

Jun 9, 2019
Let us know what happens. Be prepared for Essilor to say "not our lens" because it's looking more and more like those aren't Transitions.
I received the glasses back from the vision place. The card that came back said transition, but they still don't darken. The lenses are gray glasses before.jpg IMG_0081 (4)_Moment (2).jpgglasses after.jpg compared to the lavender. Let me see if I can upload the photos. The second is the transition lenses but you can still clearly see my eyes. I don't understans what's going on?

Sep 19, 2015
Hmm I know transitions come in different colors and those still seem lighter than mine — but my color is gray.

Have you tried to register them to see if they are legitimate?

Jul 13, 2016
A long time ago, when Transitions were new to the market, I recall that when a consumer first got the lenses, they did not darken completely, but that through usage, the lens would darken more each time, until a sunglass-like tint would be permanent every time they were in sunlight. I wonder if that is still the case?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
A long time ago, when Transitions were new to the market, I recall that when a consumer first got the lenses, they did not darken completely, but that through usage, the lens would darken more each time, until a sunglass-like tint would be permanent every time they were in sunlight. I wonder if that is still the case?
They also take a longer time to darken when it’s hot out. The new pictures look darker then the first ones and my wife took a picture of hers and you can also see her eyes.

I found this on a optometry website- this might help our OP understand that these protect against UV light but if you are going to be outdoors for prolonged period of time, they aren’t as good as regular sunglasses.

Myth 3: Transitions lenses can replace sunglasses.

All Transitions lenses are 100% UVA and UVB blocking which make them a great solution for UV protection when sunglasses cannot be worn. Transitions lenses are an enhancement over clear lenses, helping to protect from harmful light indoors and especially outdoors.

Sunglasses have a constant non-light and non-temperature dependent dark tint, making them more ideal for prolonged outdoor activities. Transitions lenses are ideal to use as a replacement for clear lenses in conjunction with sunglass wear.

Polarized sunglasses are a great option for water activities or in full sun for maximum glare and light sensitivity protection. Sunglasses are also more likely to have more wrap and face form than the ophthalmic frames you would use with Transitions lenses, which offers better protection from reflected or off-axis UV light coming from the sides, above, and below your eyes.