Scam Customers

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 9, 2019
Just got a letter Via Linkedin form VP Tony Rosairo -From what I understand the location provided a 50% discount on a non-covered item through the Medicaid coverage. Lie ,These were Medicaid glasses. No one every said these were discounted and there were only four pairs and then he said this after I repeatedly asked for help. Then his last sentence- Please stop the negative comments on GVS through this media. Thank you. Do you believe him? I'm debating how to respond, since he ignored all other messages. Carol

Jun 9, 2019
Just got a letter Via Linkedin form VP Tony Rosairo -From what I understand the location provided a 50% discount on a non-covered item through the Medicaid coverage. Lie ,These were Medicaid glasses. No one every said these were discounted and there were only four pairs and then he said this after I repeatedly asked for help. Then his last sentence- Please stop the negative comments on GVS through this media. Thank you. Do you believe him? I'm debating how to respond, since he ignored all other messages. Carol
I found him on www.linkedin.com.

Jun 9, 2019
TransLATION or TransITION?

Jun 9, 2019

Feb 12, 2019
The transition-type lenses might not be covered by Medicaid. I'm not familiar with it, but my vision insurance didn't cover transition lenses or even anti reflective lenses - I supposedly got a discount on them but I had to pay for anything beyond basic lenses. I would think the $100 you paid is evidence that it wasn't covered by Medicaid, but as I have never dealt with it I'm unsure of their vision coverage.

Regardless I don't think whether and what Medicaid covers is the point. The point is you were told for $100 you get transition lenses and those obviously aren't. Ideally they'd give you glasses that had transition lenses.

Jun 9, 2019
The transition-type lenses might not be covered by Medicaid. I'm not familiar with it, but my vision insurance didn't cover transition lenses or even anti reflective lenses - I supposedly got a discount on them but I had to pay for anything beyond basic lenses. I would think the $100 you paid is evidence that it wasn't covered by Medicaid, but as I have never dealt with it I'm unsure of their vision coverage.

Regardless I don't think whether and what Medicaid covers is the point. The point is you were told for $100 you get transition lenses and those obviously aren't. Ideally they'd give you glasses that had transition lenses.
I agree, someone here was kind enough to go to the transition site and the store is not listed, now I have the VP of GVS Vision of the company telling me to stop the negative comments. I asked him so many times for help because the store didn't seem to care.

Jun 9, 2019
Eclipse is a another version. This is what I found when I googled "Prescription Glasses Eclipse":

https://www.smithoptics.com/ca/Root...asses/Eclipse-Rx/p/1015978YW5816/prescription

No - that is not "another version". That is just a use of the non-trademarked word "eclipse" to brand a pair of sunglasses. Has nothing to do with transitioning lenses.
The only problem is I asked for transition lenses and showed them a photo of the 3 stages transition go through. I never asked for eclipse. Carol

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Hi Neil, I contacted him on LinkedIn.com to let him know what happening in his store. Why?
Then I can't understand what they are talking about stopping the negative comments unless they are actually reading what is here. However, if they are then they should fix it because from what you are saying, it appears the store lied to you.

Jun 9, 2019
Then I can't understand what they are talking about stopping the negative comments unless they are actually reading what is here. However, if they are then they should fix it because from what you are saying, it appears the store lied to you.
I was wondering about that too. Oh FB I wrote -
Carol Melanson Cellana doesn't recommend GVS General Vision.
June 5 at 10:46 PM ·
They don't care about there customers properly. OnTwitter I said - I wrote to you on your site about Gvs Vision, could someone please respond to me. I fell like they are defrauding me. Please contact me. Thanks, Carol I'm just reading other reviews on GVS Vision on Facebook and they're not nice. Could that have upset him in one I'm asking for help and the other I said I don't recommend them. Carol

https://www.facebook.com/ufi/reaction/profile/browser/?ft_ent_identifier=2763566410385037&av=100001951160739

Jun 9, 2019
Tomorrow I will call Headquarters how they will fix them and ask them to make sure I get a COA and a number to register them. Will post more tomorrow.

Jun 9, 2019
Dec 17, 2018
? I went to medicare.gov, did a search, put in a Manhattan zipcode, and put in "wheelchair-manual" and there are 178 Medicare suppliers within 10 miles. There has to be more to your issue. I can assure you that is not normally a problem for a Medicare covered patient to get DME (durable medical equipment) in a no-hassle manner.
This actually isn't true anymore for scooters and electric wheelchairs. My mom is partially paralyzed on her left side (i.e. she looks like she had a stroke, but it was spinal stenosis that was so bad she ended up with extreme nerve damage). She used to walk with a walker, but back in 2010, she applied for a scooter and got it, no issues. Medicare is supposed to cover these every 5 years. At 5 years, she went back to the doctor to be evaluated. He wrote that she has balance problems (true) - SAME THING HE WROTE IN 2010. This time, she's denied a scooter because she "can't drive it" according to Medicare. She needs an electric wheelchair according to them, and she has to now be REEVALUATED for this item. But she literally can't use an electric wheelchair, so the doctor appealed and said "NO! She will ACTUALLY fall out of a wheelchair. The scooter works for her, but the wheelchair is too high and she needs the seat type that comes with a scooter, and she's been using it just fine for five years."

No change - they wouldn't approve a scooter, despite the doctor writing the exact same thing as 5 years before and explaining that she CANNOT use an electric wheelchair (for a variety of reasons, all medically sound ones... mostly related to the height of the chair and the fact that she wouldn't be able to get into it without being a massive fall risk - the scooter allows her to turn the seat at an angle and then ALSO have something to hold onto - the front part of the scooter to steady herself... the wheelchair would be a full stand up, turn around, having nothing in front of you to hold onto while you sit). So now since she can't use a wheelchair, she now no longer qualifies for ANYTHING. So.... they want her housebound....? Because she gets around just fine with the scooter, which they approved with the exact same language in 2010 from her doctor. The scooter IS absolutely medically necessary for my mom, but medicare won't cover it or even the wheelchair anymore for her.

She's had to buy the last 2 scooters she had out of pocket. Christina H is correct - the stores no longer even bother trying to get Medicare to pay for any scooters or wheelchairs. People are finding it near impossible to get scooters and wheelchairs. Medicare changed the rules/criteria about 3-5 years ago to make it nearly impossible to get scooters or wheelchairs so the stores just don't even bother trying anymore. What was super easy in 2010 is literally no longer possible for a huge portion of the population that needs these items.

Jun 9, 2019
So, I sent glasses back to GVs Vision on 6/17/2019 as asked from H.Q. to have them made into transitions. I requested a COA with the return of said glasses. Fingers crossed they return corrected. Will be in touch.