Scam Customers

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 13, 2015
I'm curious - what does this mean: "You can register your Transitions lenses with the Certificate of Authenticity" - register with who? Thanks.
You can register Transitions lenses online with Essilor with the code on the Certificate of Authenticity which I'm doubting our OP got. I love the Transitions lenses they make for driving but I've never registered mine.

Oct 13, 2015
I'm losing resolution when I try to enlarge the photos of the receipts but they don't look like what I'm talking about. When you get a pair of glasses and insurance is involved you usually get something like

Frames V2020 $250
Lenses V2201 $150
Photochromic tint V2744 $150

and I'm not seeing that on yours. There should be some kind of breakdown of costs.

And why did they white out your name???

Jun 9, 2019
I'm losing resolution when I try to enlarge the photos of the receipts but they don't look like what I'm talking about. When you get a pair of glasses and insurance is involved you usually get something like

Frames V2020 $250
Lenses V2201 $150

and I'm not seeing that on yours. There should be some kind of breakdown of costs.

I don't have anything That separates, frames, lenses, etc. I tried to reload the bill. I have no idea why they would white out my name. GCS Contract.jpg gvs 1.jpg

Jun 9, 2019
They did not give you transition lenses according to your bill. They have checked off “eclipse” as an add on, whatever that is. It is not transition lenses.

Please go back to the store and tell them they didn’t give you what they claimed to be transition lenses.
I going to try and go Wednesday, have doctors appointments. Thanks

Jun 9, 2019

Frames V2020 $250
Lenses V2201 $150

I sent photos of the bill and all that's marked is In the middle of the page is MD RX then to the right in the gray area a line through eclipse. What is that? Thanks

Jun 9, 2019
HI, everyone, some mentioned they might be able to help me find the CEO of this place. I found VP Tony Rosario on a site called Linkedin. He refused to talk to me anymore. I have just contacted Transitions Co and Essilor. Waiting for response. Tomorrow I will contact Consumer Affairs and Brooklyn Attorney General. You are all so kind. Thanks Again Carol

Oct 13, 2015
HI, everyone, some mentioned they might be able to help me find the CEO of this place. I found VP Tony Rosario on a site called Linkedin. He refused to talk to me anymore. I have just contacted Transitions Co and Essilor. Waiting for response. Tomorrow I will contact Consumer Affairs and Brooklyn Attorney General. You are all so kind. Thanks Again Carol
Let us know what happens. Be prepared for Essilor to say "not our lens" because it's looking more and more like those aren't Transitions.

Jan 28, 2019
I, too, am concerned that this is an instance of saying a brand name and meaning something similar but different. Of even greater concern to me is the runaround, alter the documents, and charge more to fix. I would create a paper trail by writing a bullet-point list of events ordered by date. Include the list in the body of a short letter to the store manager. Make an appointment with the manager and hand deliver the letter to him/her. If the store manager has not corrected your issue within a week or so, then send your copies of the letter and list to the state attorney general consumer affairs department. Good luck.

Sep 20, 2018
I wonder if the shop uses the term "transitions" generically - sort of like we might say kleenex when we are referring to tissues. Sure does not sound like the real Transitions. My recent pair of glasses has the type of Transitions that will actually darken in the car, which the earlier type did not. Cost a bunch more than $100, too. They are wonderful; no more clip-on lenses to get true darkening.
Transitions is a trademark, it cant be used legally by a party that does not sell them.

May 15, 2016
Looking at the photo of the place, and reading that the glasses are paid for by Medicaid, this looks like a really bad choice as far as optical stores. It looks like a "welfare mill". "Transitions" is not a coating applied at a store, but a brand-name for a lens that changes colors. Other companies also make similar lenses, and like someone said, it is like "Kleenex" used generically and improperly. So I googled "eclipse" in the context of color-changing lenses, and there is no such company. Going by the column it is listed in on the receipt, and also going by the narrative that they went in the back of the store to make them darker, I believe this is simply the store's name for their coating - which does not adapt to light, but is a fixed color. That is a lot of money to be charged for a color coating, and the word "scam" is probably appropriate. Contacting Essilor would be a huge waste of time. A chargeback on the credit card would be one option. Complaining to Medicaid would be another option - probably the best choice.