Santander Bank technical support

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 19, 2019
Santander Bank technical support has been unable to fix our inability to log into a checking account. We have spent over an hour on the phone with tech suport finally telling us that we couldn't log in because we were using Apple product and that the log in should work if we used a PC.
That, of course, was not correct.
We then went to our branch and they spent several days in contact with tech support and were unable to get us access. Tech support told the branch to tell us to call tech support again.
We haven't done that as that means hours on the phone.
Does anyone have email contact for person in charge of technical support who can solve this problem?

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Why not go to the bank, get a check for the full account balance, then close the account and open an account at another bank. Alternatively, open another checking account at Santander with a minimum deposit, and try to access that account online. If not successful, close the account.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Can the bank see your balance? If your online access has been stopped, your account may have been hacked. Tell the bank to close the account immediately and give you a check, as Weihlac suggested.

Dec 17, 2018
What's the issue? Are you getting an "incorrect password" popup and it won't let you change the password? Is it saying it can't find you at all?

Apr 30, 2016
I have a hunch that there is a setting on your internet program that is preventing access to your online account. If you are using Microsoft i.e. try Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge. I have found that some of my favorites will not open in I.e. any more so for those sites I switch to Chrome.

Aug 29, 2018
I am reminded of a past employer -- all the employees had Apple MacBooks. They chose ADP for payroll -- and at the time ADP only allowed access from MS Windows.

We ended up using paper to send payroll changes to the finance team.

Nov 4, 2018
Did they tell you what the issue was. In my experience if you are using a mac and safari you should check the privacy settings cookies/ prevent cross site tracking and pop up settings.

Nov 4, 2018
Tcs

Per their terms and conditions MAC is supported. From experience (work at a bank) i know first level reps have trouble with assisting with Safari and prefer to recommend a different browser or OS. What happens when you try to login? Are you able to see the login box? Are you getting an error message after you enter your login credentials?

The smaller banks tend to outsource their website. Have you requested they escalate the issue and open a ticket with their website provider?

II. DIGITAL BANKING SERVICES
A. GETTING STARTED
To use Digital Banking, you must have:
An Internet browser that supports 128 – bit encryption and all HTML5 standards used on any of the following operating systems:
• Windows 7 or higher:
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 and higher
• Firefox 44 and higher
• Chrome 48 and higher
• Edge ( Windows 10 and higher )
• Mac OS 10.9 or higher:
• Safari 8 and higher
• Chrome 48 and higher
• Any of the following mobile operating systems using the default browser( s ):
• IOS 10 or higher. This Agreement does not apply to Santander’s Interactive Reporting and Initiation Services ( IRIS ). There is a separate app for the iPhone / iPod and the iPad.
• Android Smartphones and Tablets OS 4.1 or higher.
To use the Santander Personal Banking Application through a mobile device, you must:
• Have either an iOS mobile device running iOS 8.0 or greater, or a mobile device running Android 4.0 or greater.
• Download our mobile banking application.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I had the same kind of issue with CVS for Rx. I only have so much time to devote to baloney like this. I changed pharmacies, you should change banks. Unless, of course, you enjoy the "nerd challenge" that could go on forever.

Mar 23, 2015
Just to throw it out there (every chance I can) NEVER USE A BANK, always use a credit union. YMMV of course, but banks are for profit, fee driven evil entities er... I mean IMHO, of course. Is the login screen giving you the option to reset your password? Send a link to your email? ANYTHING? Does it just spin endlessly? Were you able to log in previously and it suddenly stopped after a Windows 10 update or IE 11 update or something? Can you think of anything happening shortly before that might have triggered the failure? That could help, especially if it's a reversible update. Have you tried logging in from different browsers, different (older/newer/different colored) computers, etc...? I know it sounds silly but it DOES make a difference because the settings will be different, except of course the color which was, of course purely silly (I have to say that before someone thinks I'm serious :oops:).

Mar 23, 2015
I had the same kind of issue with CVS for Rx. I only have so much time to devote to baloney like this. I changed pharmacies, you should change banks. Unless, of course, you enjoy the "nerd challenge" that could go on forever.
I'm with you. I'll give tech support a chance to fix it, but... A CHANCE.. they ARE TECH SUPPORT. If they can't fix it, I'm not wrapping myself around the axle to keep TRYING TO GIVE THEM MY BUSINESS. Keeping me as a customer is their job. Blargh.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We have no credit unions that have enough presence that in our area that I wouldn’t be service charged every time I use an ATM or that don’t have branches in Florida where we have a winter home for me to use a credit union so we have to use a bank. I’m
sure there are many people in my situation too so it’s not always possible to use a credit union.

Mar 23, 2015
We have no credit unions that have enough presence that in our area that I wouldn’t be service charged every time I use an ATM or that don’t have branches in Florida where we have a winter home for me to use a credit union so we have to use a bank. I’m
sure there are many people in my situation too so it’s not always possible to use a credit union.
That would be awful for me. We are military so I’m used to a credit union being everywhere. I sympathize with you!!