sandals ruin my wedding

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 23, 2021
Sandals filed to schedule my hotel and flight package for over a year now back and fourth about dates, time hours over night lay overs in other states not making it there on the arrival date as scheduled. Just never can Book the entire trip this suppose to to be the most important day of my life, my wedding day but they have ruined my wedding day with the whole scheduling issue . don't understand why can they not book booth . its a way they use to try and keep your money, was on the phone for hours and days but they never could get it done. this has caused health issues with anxiety and panic attacks all I can say is why sandals why. please no that you are ruining peoples lifes 5,799. 00 of are money and you can not Whole up your end of the bargain. wonder if I can start a class action law suit...signed Pxxxxx ONE..

Edited by a moderator to remove foul language.

Last edited by a moderator:

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm sorry but your post is rather a rant with little detail. How can we advise you if we don't know what you're posting about? If you would like to make a list of the facts in chronological order, perhaps we can assist.

This kind of thing is inappropriate: "signed Pxxxxx ONE.." We are a professional organization helping people to solve problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Book your own air. We’ve seen many errors made by them and heard many as well. You can do better booking your own air and just sending them the information on your flights.

But be aware the airlines are making MANY flight changes and these changes Sandals might be showing probably aren’t their fault. We are having airlines canceling flights, changing direct to connecting and making ridiculous change to flights. It might not be Sandals fault.

Jun 19, 2019
I agree book your own air! I just booked a Sandals vacation. I checked flights with them and flying into my destination there was only a 45 minute layover in Miami. If you look at most flights they offer the connection is tight (I was limited to AA).
I booked on my own and am flying into Miami the night before.

Jul 13, 2016
Look, you have a legitimate grievance, but the way you’re communicating with Sandals is only going to make them not want to help you. You need to write a clear, short letter asking for help, instead of a long confusing letter filled with bad language and anger.

The previous posters are right. Look for your own air. Then not only will you be able to get your air on your schedule, you can pick the routings and times you want. Also, should there be problems, delays or cancelations, you can work directly with the airline instead of having to work through Sandals.

Mel65

Mar 23, 2015
Sandals filed to schedule my hotel and flight package for over a year now back and fourth about dates, time hours over night lay overs in other states not making it there on the arrival date as scheduled. Just never can Book the entire trip this suppose to to be the most important day of my life, my wedding day but they have ruined my wedding day with the whole scheduling issue . don't understand why can they not book booth . its a way they use to try and keep your money, was on the phone for hours and days but they never could get it done. this has caused health issues with anxiety and panic attacks all I can say is why sandals why. please no that you are ruining peoples lifes 5,799. 00 of are money and you can not Whole up your end of the bargain. wonder if I can start a class action law suit...signed Pxxxxx ONE..

Edited by a moderator to remove foul language.
I'm sorry... WHAT? I assume you're having an issue with Sandals booking a trip for your wedding and/or honeymoon, but between the misspellings, poor grammar and lack of punctuation here, I'm struggling to figure out exactly what it is. You also need to realize that this is an ADVOCACY site, NOT a SANDALS site, so a moderate tone and some facts would be nice.

Feb 3, 2020
I suspect we were insufficiently sympathetic with her approach. I appreciate her need to vent about a frustrating and costly situation. But the members of the forum are not the appropriate target. I do hope she doesn't write off their advice though; it might be useful.

If I were to offer one small piece of advice, somewhat off the topic of travel advocacy: Keep some perspective and remember that the the marriage is more important than the wedding.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
NAPLES FL or Denver CO
I suspect we were insufficiently sympathetic with her approach. I appreciate her need to vent about a frustrating and costly situation. But the members of the forum are not the appropriate target. I do hope she doesn't write off their advice though; it might be useful.

If I were to offer one small piece of advice, somewhat off the topic of travel advocacy: Keep some perspective and remember that the the marriage is more important than the wedding.
That would be true if she had returned even once, but she never ever returned after posting.
I fear she actually doesn’t know how to do it.
Unless she is getting the responses as we do and ignoring it all. Who knowsif that is automatic or she had to sign up for that.
What is the default - does anyone know and does anyone know if she opted out right from the getgo?

Jun 24, 2019
I think folks sometimes post who think this is a review site like TripAdvisor or Yelp. They are not looking for an answer; rather, they are looking to vent. Venting is often like a 1 star review on TripAdvisor; not very helpful. Other times think that we will take up their cause for them.