samsung refrigerator

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 20, 2019
In June 2014, purchased a 28cu ft 3 door refrigerator from Lowes along with an extended warranty. Two service calls were performed under the warranty. In Nov 18 the refrigerator fan motor starting making noise and ultimately quit. Certified Samsung tech did repairs and explained that frost had built up in the back of the refer and impeded the fan. Cost - $312. During the service I inquired about frost build-up in the ice maker compartment to which he replied the complete ice maker needed to also be replaced. Estimated cost of $290. He didn't have needed parts to replace then so I agreed to call and schedule the needed replacement. Since that time I inquired on the internet about Samsung on this issue and was taken aback by the hundreds of complaints about Samsung - there is also a class action suit in progress against the company. Further a Service Bulletin was issued by Samsung in 2015. What are my options and how do I proceed? Obviously, we want the ice maker replaced at no cost even though out of warranty. Also, have a Samsung microwave that has a split in the bottom left front of the door and a Samsung range that has started rusting along the leading edge of the bottom of the door. This items are also out of warranty. Should I attempt to go for all three repairs or just the refer? Thanks for the help. Jimbichon

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
How old are the microwave and oven? Do you have an extended warranty on those as well?

We have company contacts on top of our page. You should use those to start writing to Samsung to get the repair that is covered.

Jan 20, 2019
Both microwave and stove were purchased on 12-1-2014 - no extended warranty on either. For clarification, the extended warranty has expired on the refer. Two repairs were done while in extended warranty . I paid $312 for the 3rd repair and am looking at another $300 for the ice maker replacement Thanks for quick response. Jimbichon

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Unfortunately your option is to use our contacts for a Samsung and write.

It’s a shame that it seems like we all need to buy extended warranties when buying a new appliance because they are built so poorly.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
For what it's costing you to repair all these problems, I would just buy new ones. $700 will get you a decent refrigerator, and a good microwave can be had for less than $200.