Samsung Note 8

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 22, 2014
Perhaps this should be under a Samsung heading; if so, sorry. I'm so frustrated because I don't know how to get help from real live Samsung experts. My biggest issue is this: I use phone as a computer. In the past, when I allowed updates, my personal vocabulary went back to kindergarten level and I had to "teach" my dictionary all over again. That's a nightmare, but I don't know if it's possible to accept an update without that occurring.
I chose Samsung over Apple because of the latter's appalling human rights record, but I wish there were something comparable to the Apple store for equally expensive Samsungs.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Perhaps this should be under a Samsung heading; if so, sorry. I'm so frustrated because I don't know how to get help from real live Samsung experts. My biggest issue is this: I use phone as a computer. In the past, when I allowed updates, my personal vocabulary went back to kindergarten level and I had to "teach" my dictionary all over again. That's a nightmare, but I don't know if it's possible to accept an update without that occurring.
I chose Samsung over Apple because of the latter's appalling human rights record, but I wish there were something comparable to the Apple store for equally expensive Samsungs.
You can reach out to Samsung on social media and through the listed contacts
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/samsung/

Sep 19, 2015
Have you tried going to the android forums or Samsung forums?

Sep 19, 2015
SBardell when I have an issue with my smartphone or even computer I do not call, I google the issue and read forums — the forums have been much more helpful with various issues—and that is where I have found help. Tech people seem to be very helpful in giving suggestions and step by step instructions that can be followed — usually it is the other posters and not company reps that have provided a solution.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I so agree with my colleagues ... it's taken me years to learn that getting out on forums and boards can solve nearly any problem you can think up. Now all I do is search "why is my vocabulary disappearing after an update" and answers come flying in. It's a wonderful thing.