Samsung Lies

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 17, 2018
Good Afternoon, My nightmare with Samsung started 4 weeks ago now. It started with an app to have servicing done on my 65inch tv. The app was to happen during a 4 hour window but the tech never showed. From there it took an hour and half to be informed it was canceled because they had order parts that were on back order and then had a ticket placed for Exchange. To make a very long story short. I have called numerous times, chatted numerous times. Spoken to the officeofthepresident which is their complaint department numerous times, to come to the solution of a refund being provided. The refund they guaranteed would be released once they had the TV in their possession. They picked up the tv yesterday, but I am being told now it could be another two weeks before the refund is released. This is concerning because there are numerous stories of people waiting 6 months for their refund. Without the refund I am out a tv and 975 dollars. I have tried contacting the CM at Samsung that was handling my case numerous times to verify information with no answers in sight. My question is when to go above her. In addition is there anything that can be done to ensure that others dont have to face the challenge I have?

I have kept records of everyone I have spoken to, and the chat transcripts where they provide contridicting information. I even have the emails archieved between me and the rep from officeofthepresident. I just dont see how it is right that Samsung doesnt honor what they tell their customers and that it takes fighting tooth and nail for updates and reliable information.

Oct 17, 2018
They picked up the tv two days ago. The refund was suppose to be direct deposit. The lady from OffieOffieofthepresident promised an automatic release, but now is changing it to could take 7 days. This is what they did during exchange process for over two weeks. They kept changing the time. Then not following through, I finally found out they were backed up and it could have been months. I just want to be done with Samsung.

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
They picked up the tv two days ago. The refund was suppose to be direct deposit. The lady from OffieOffieofthepresident promised an automatic release, but now is changing it to could take 7 days. This is what they did during exchange process for over two weeks. They kept changing the time. Then not following through, I finally found out they were backed up and it could have been months. I just want to be done with Samsung.
The problem is that Samsung makes/sells the best TVs on the market. Is it worth buying a lesser brand just to spite Samsung (PS they won't care)? You got a defective TV which happens to all electronics but is quite unusual for current LED TVs.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018
Samsung tv's are over rated I should have known that from over a yr ago when i bought a curve. It started giving us issues in first month but it was under a warranty with Conns (another company that is too offs) and therefore I got it replaced after a bit of a fight. Now, I know to never but SAMSUNG.

On a better note I believe they do finally released my refund. If there has been no more lies I should recieve it morning. However this only came after several emails to the lady from Office of President even had to provided proof tv was returned and state the trucking company would send me all I needed to prove that they did what they needed to. In addition I called several times letting the lady know I wasn't going a way or giving up. Sometimes you just have to fight for what is right. I will update ya if refund was recieved if not I maybe going to the exctives with my complaints

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Samsung tv's are over rated I should have known that from over a yr ago when i bought a curve. It started giving us issues in first month but it was under a warranty with Conns (another company that is too offs) and therefore I got it replaced after a bit of a fight. Now, I know to never but SAMSUNG.

On a better note I believe they do finally released my refund. If there has been no more lies I should recieve it morning. However this only came after several emails to the lady from Office of President even had to provided proof tv was returned and state the trucking company would send me all I needed to prove that they did what they needed to. In addition I called several times letting the lady know I wasn't going a way or giving up. Sometimes you just have to fight for what is right. I will update ya if refund was recieved if not I maybe going to the exctives with my complaints
If you have an answer from the “lady from Office of President” that means you have already gone to the Executives.

Oct 17, 2018
Quick update...still no sign of refund. Now the lady is stating could be 3-5 business days before we see it. It went from automatic release to almost a week and a half...this is not right. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening to other consumers. Never again will I but samsung.

Oct 17, 2018
If you have an answer from the “lady from Office of President” that means you have already gone to the Executives.
Then what more can I do because they don't keep their word and lie. I just want to be done with them. This is not fair to their consumers the outright lies, and vague answers and run around they give. Just a horrible experience.