Samsung Galaxy s8 plus

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 30, 2019
Ever since that last update to the software I have been having an issue with the phone, every day, all day when I charge my phone or unplug the phone from the charger I get an error message that reads “Moisture has been detected in your charger/USB port. Make sure it’s dry before charging your phone. It may take some time to dry completely”

When this first appeared on my phone, the phone was sitting on the dresser in my bedroom, my phone has never been wet or exposed to any kind of moisture, my screen has never been cracked or broken. I have taken very good care of this phone. I love this phone so much that when I purchased the s9, I decided to go back to the s8 plus, the screen is the right size the phone is/was very durable and I refuse to go back to the Apple Iphone.

I contacted tech support for them to tell me that my phone is no longer covered under warranty and I would have to pay for any repairs, which I think is totally unfair if the result of a repair is needed after a software update. I googled this problem and there are several hundred people with the same issue, the tech support representative told me that this issue is affecting several users and I’m not the only one.

I need to know how can I get this fixed without having to pay for an issue that was caused by a software update on Samsung part. I did not have anything to do with this problem/issue and I feel that I should not have to pay for a repair, I already paid $899.00 for the phone.

I have to continually, restart my phone and quickly insert the charger plug into the port at startup in order for the phone not to give me this error message. I have tried everything the tech told me and nothing works, I tried clearing the cache and data in the USB settings, I tried a master/factory reset and the tech did a flash update or something and nothing works. I also was told to perform a Wipe cache partition.

Please help, having to go through this every day for about 6 months so far is such a headache and very disappointing.

Sep 18, 2018
Have you tried using a wireless charging pad? It's a work-around that won't fix the issue, but at $20-$60 for one at Amazon it's cheaper than a repair.

Sep 30, 2019
I"ve tried that as well, its just a Temporary Fix, after a day or two it goes back to giving the Error. The sad part is my phone has never been wet or anything.

Jul 30, 2018
Sometimes, software updates aren't optimized for older models of electronics, for whatever reason. The Galaxy is up to like a model 10 now, no? I have a Galaxy 7 and it has lots of annoying quirks that started happening following each software update, like dropping an incoming call after 2 rings or rapid battery drain. I know at some point I will reach the breaking point and get a new one.

If your phone is no longer under warranty, securing a repair at no cost may be difficult, especially for an older model. Perhaps ask Samsung for a credit toward the purchase of a new phone as a goodwill gesture.

Feb 12, 2019
My two cents having owned 3 galaxy phones so far and having gotten more than one bad thing happen after a software update:

There's no way they can fix this quickly. It's just not possible - unless there actually is water somewhere inside your phone somehow. If it's truly a software fix there's nothing they can do for you until the next software update comes out. If you saw hundreds of people reporting the problem online, it's likely they're working on fixing the problem in their next update.

But updating software just doesn't happen that fast. Especially when it's something that a) isn't happening to every model and b) isn't happening to every phone in said model and c) isn't life threatening or threatening Samsung's business.

Mar 23, 2015
Sometimes, software updates aren't optimized for older models of electronics, for whatever reason. The Galaxy is up to like a model 10 now, no? I have a Galaxy 7 and it has lots of annoying quirks that started happening following each software update, like dropping an incoming call after 2 rings or rapid battery drain. I know at some point I will reach the breaking point and get a new one.
I, too have an S7 and I'm dreading the day it finally becomes soooo annoying as to be virtually unusable. Seems like every few days there's a pop up about another update (I turned off auto updates) and after each one, SOMETHING ELSE flakes out!! I'm definitely already experiencing the battery drain and I am driving myself crazy trying to find WHAT is draining it... no new apps, etc.. I fear the demise of my S7 is nigh...

Sep 30, 2019
Have you tried cleaning the port using a Qtip?
Yes, I tried that, I called Samsung to headquarter, sent the CEO's letters and finally, someone called and offered to repair the phone. I was told to send the phone back and they will try to repair it but the drawback is I will be without a phone for 14-30 days. I told them that is unacceptable, why not just give me a new phone since this is a problem created by Samsung its not user error. I can't be without my phone for 14-30 days, I use my phone for work.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Yes, I tried that, I called Samsung to headquarter, sent the CEO's letters and finally, someone called and offered to repair the phone. I was told to send the phone back and they will try to repair it but the drawback is I will be without a phone for 14-30 days. I told them that is unacceptable, why not just give me a new phone since this is a problem created by Samsung its not user error. I can't be without my phone for 14-30 days, I use my phone for work.
They have offered you a repair. They will not send you a new phone. Your phone is considered obsolete by Samsung; the current version is 10 with 11 soon to follow. Obsolete phones and computers are not supported in updates. You can ask for a refurbished model of the phone you have and see if they will accommodate you (perhaps at a discount).

Jul 30, 2018
They have offered you a repair. They will not send you a new phone. Your phone is considered obsolete by Samsung; the current version is 10 with 11 soon to follow. Obsolete phones and computers are not supported in updates. You can ask for a refurbished model of the phone you have and see if they will accommodate you (perhaps at a discount).
100% agree: you are lucky they are willing to repair the out-of-warranty phone free of charge. They can't replace the phone because it is obsolete. This is the nature of the beast in the world of rapidly-changing technology: eventually a device will no longer be supported by software updates and become a glorified paper weight. Heck, I have two shoeboxes full of devices that still work but no longer can be used as intended due to lack of software.