Ryanair denied compensation claim

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 11, 2018
Ryanair canceled our fllight at the London Stansted airport with no warning. According to European Union we are entitled to compensation for €250 per passenger . Ryan air denied our claim due to safety With no detailed explanation. We are not aware of any bad weather condition on that day . I would like to take this claim to the higher authority than Ryan air customer service but I Do not want to involve third-party. Was anybody in the same situation and do you know what to do next? I Would appreciate any help with this matter.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
There has to be a reason why the flight was cancelled. What was the actual reason fir the cancellation? If it was for weather or extraordinary circumstance, it might not be eligible.

When did they notify you of the cancellation? Less then 24 hours before the flight?

Sep 19, 2015
What the date? Where were you going? Was it a day of ATC strikes? Was it the lightening strikes in May?
There are many possibilities of things out of control. More details would help

Jul 11, 2018
Yes , It was one hour before our flight. There was no bad weather in England or Poland which was our destination. How do I know that they telling the truth or They just saying it so they don’t have to pay. The next day after our canceled flight we flew to Prague and we also had more than two hours delay because they didn’t have enough workers to put our suitcases in the airplane that’s what I heard from the stewardesses because I was sitting right next to them. The airlines can say whatever they want so they can dismiss your claim with no reasonable explanation

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Ryanair has consistently terrible reviews. They are cheap and you get what you paid for, including poor customer service and denial of any claim. They may have canceled your flight because they did not have a plane, a cockpit or cabin crew, or many other reasons but they will not tell you this.

Jul 11, 2018
What the date? Where were you going? Was it a day of ATC strikes? Was it the lightening strikes in May?
There has to be a reason why the flight was cancelled. What was the actual reason fir the cancellation? If it was for weather or extraordinary circumstance, it might not be eligible.

When did they notify you of the cancellation? Less then 24 hours before the flight?
The flight supposed to have left at 8 PM Stanstead and arrive in Poland Katowice at 9:30 PM

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
You know that Ryan Air is a bare-bones operation with little or no customer service. You are probably right ... they stay mum so nobody knows the cause of the delay. Next time, book on a real airline ... these cheap airlines are just not worth patronizing.

Jul 11, 2018
I was trying to fill out the claim online on that website you gave me but I was not able to do it because there was not a option Fir me to select ..I guess I have to write them a letter if possible

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
If you have already specifically made a request to Ryanair for compensation under EC 261 and they have denied your request in writing, your next step is to file a complaint with the National Authority, which in your case is the UK CAA.

The UK CAA has delegated resolution for these type of complaints concerning participating airlines to the alternate dispute resolution bodies (ADR). You can file your complaint concerning Ryanair at the below website:

https://www.aviationadr.org.uk/

Again, be sure you have specifically requested compensation under EC 261 and have received an official denial or it has been more than 8 weeks since you submitted your request with no response before taking this step.

Good luck.

Dwayne

Jul 11, 2018
Ok thanks, I will wait for their answer to my questions for the detailed information about the cancellation if they don’t respond to me within an eight weeks I will contact ADR

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Gino, they gave you this excuse:

“We sincerely regret the cancellation of your flight FR8266 from London Stansted to Katowice on the 31/05/2018 which was due to operational reasons, outside of our control.

However, as this cancellation was for safety reasons and therefore outside Ryanair’s control we regret to advise that no monetary compensation is due under EU Regulation 261/2004.

Thank you for flying with us and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you on–board another Ryanair flight again soon.”

Don’t wait- file the EU claim. They already told you they think 261 isn’t applicable.

Sep 19, 2015
Gino, they gave you this excuse:

“We sincerely regret the cancellation of your flight FR8266 from London Stansted to Katowice on the 31/05/2018 which was due to operational reasons, outside of our control.

However, as this cancellation was for safety reasons and therefore outside Ryanair’s control we regret to advise that no monetary compensation is due under EU Regulation 261/2004.

Thank you for flying with us and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you on–board another Ryanair flight again soon.”

Don’t wait- file the EU claim. They already told you they think 261 isn’t applicable.
Ryanair tends to think that EU261 is never applicable to them.

However this may be one of the few times when they were right as ATC put limits at Stanstead in the morning because of visibility issues.

But it is worth trying...