Royalton The Hideaway

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 9, 2015
Hello, my name is Brian and I am brand new to this so here goes. I need help. Over Christmas break Dec. 21-28, two of my friends(married couple) and I took our annual vacation to Mexico. Keep in mind we only get to take one a year. (time restraints) We chose a brand new resort The Hideaway at The Royalton. Advertised as a 5 star all inclusive resort. We were going to book the trip through Bookit.com. While on their website looking through all the information we noticed a disclaimer. If the resort was unable to open on time, we would A; be set up in a different resort of the same or higher quality place while there, and B; receive 7 days and 6 nights free of charge at a later date. We ended up going through hotels.com because we found a better deal. We arrive at the resort on the 21st, and it is a beautiful place. Less than an hour passes and we start noticing more and more, this place is really 2 months from being complete, yet its open and we are here. I'm a contractor so I'm sure I noticed things others wouldn't have. First off there are construction workers everywhere, day AND night. I woke up at least twice between 1am and 5am to the sound of power tools. If I listed everything that was wrong with this place, this would be a 10 page thread. I'm just going to stick toa few of the most ridiculous flaws and I'm sure you will understand perfectly. The entire week my friends had to use the toilet in my sweet, even though several attempt's were made to fix theirs. (not just their toilet, a handful of people with rooms around theirs were having the same problems) We were getting massages on the beach ( that we paid $120 each for) and there was a Bobcat (front loader) with about ten workers on the beach making tons of noise 20 feet from the massage hut. Not very relaxing. I was able to reach the concierge one time the entire week. Out of six options on the phone, the only people you could reach was the operator, and room service. The operator never was able to help with any request we had, and the room service offered chicken or egg salad sandwich, or a cheeseburger. . My tv didn't work, rooms with no mirrors, or phones Elevators worked intermittently, or not at all. Lights in my room would turn on and off on their own. There are a hundred more general problems, and inconvenience's I could name but hopefully your starting to get the point. Exposed 220 wiring hanging under the beach bar. I goes on and on. I need to see what I need to do to be compensated, for me and my two friends. Thanks ahead of time. Brian Price

Christopher Elliott

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Aug 22, 2007
Orlando
www.chriselliotts.com
Mr. Price, I'm sorry about the delayed response.

The conditions you describe are unacceptable. Ideally, they would have been resolved while you were still at the hotel. At this point, you'll need to send a brief, polite email to the hotel, describing the conditions and asking it to address them.

There's no "standard" compensation for construction noise and other similar inconveniences, so you might wait for the property to address these issues before making any kind of request for compensation.

My team will be happy to advise you where we can.

Here's how to contact the property: http://www.royaltonhideawayrivieracancun.com/contact_us.asp

Jan 9, 2015
Mr. Price, I'm sorry about the delayed response.

The conditions you describe are unacceptable. Ideally, they would have been resolved while you were still at the hotel. At this point, you'll need to send a brief, polite email to the hotel, describing the conditions and asking it to address them.

There's no "standard" compensation for construction noise and other similar inconveniences, so you might wait for the property to address these issues before making any kind of request for compensation.

My team will be happy to advise you where we can.

Here's how to contact the property: http://www.royaltonhideawayrivieracancun.com/contact_us.asp
No problem at all, everybody is busy. Thank You so much for taking the time to help out. To be honest I had no idea how to go about this whole thing. I have sent an email to the resort, so I guess now It's a waiting game. Again, thank you so much for your time! -Brian

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Don't give up, Brian ... and may I advise that as soon as you hear from someone you decide exactly what you want as compensation for what sounds like a truly awful vacation. It's my experience that hotels are hopeless at proposing solutions but quite agreeable to what you propose, as long as it's fair and doesn't involve alot of cash. I'm sorry your trip was ruined ... gotta admit tho that having a massage on the beach with a Bobcat working 10' away makes for a pretty amusing mental image!

Jan 9, 2015
Don't give up, Brian ... and may I advise that as soon as you hear from someone you decide exactly what you want as compensation for what sounds like a truly awful vacation. It's my experience that hotels are hopeless at proposing solutions but quite agreeable to what you propose, as long as it's fair and doesn't involve alot of cash. I'm sorry your trip was ruined ... gotta admit tho that having a massage on the beach with a Bobcat working 10' away makes for a pretty amusing mental image!
Thank you Judy! It was kinda amusing actually. It was my friends enduring it not me. :-> Seriously though, I am starting to wonder what's next. I sent an email to the resort on the fourteenth of January and haven't got any kind of reply. I guess I'll keep playing the waiting game for now. As far as compensation, I have no idea. Just want to be treated fairly. I guess we'll see. Hopefully!!