Royal Caribbean - Pregnancy - Zika

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 15, 2018
I bought my sister and her husband a surprise gift to join me on a cruise in September 2018. I recently found out she was pregnant, and therefore unable to join us on the cruise because of the zika virus and travel warnings for pregnant women in the Caribbean area. I called RC the DAY I found out about her pregnancy and was told by multiple managers that, because it is within the 30 day window, no refund can be processed and my sister can only be issued a voucher to be used on another cruise within 2 years. My sister lives abroad and this is not a realistic option for her as she is about to become a new mother in 2019. I appreciate any help you can provide in getting a refund.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Several countries are no longer on the Zika list list anymore. Did you check with the CDC list to see if the countries you are traveling to are still on the list?

It sounds like you had insurance but she isn’t canceling for a covered reason. Is that correct?

Unfortunately, that’s the policy. Why can’t she take another cruise within 2 years? Many people travel with babies in a Cruise. You say she lives abroad. There are any cruises that sail in Europe and places that might be closer than the Caribbean.