Royal Caribbean Fiasco (AGAIN)

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 23, 2019
I am complaining about our cruise aboard the RC Harmony on Jan. 20th. The "adult only" Solarium was given over to a group, including children, and turning the eatery into a kosher restaurant. It was used all day and evening all week by this group, including a 5 PM prayer time (up to 50 people joining in). I am asking for assistance in getting a monetary refund for our group of 5 as we feel we were denied the quite adults only use as advertised.
This is the second time we have had a problem on Royal Caribbean and don't intend to sail with them again.
I have spoken with Noreen Roach, CEO secretary and she said there was nothing she could do for us. She had to accommodate this large group (over 1,000) and we feel it was at our expense, comfort and displeasure.

Feb 23, 2019
Never start at the top of the chain. You always start at the bottom and work your way up. Use our policy on how to create a paper trail and start all over again.

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/
We did complain while on ship and spoke with guest services upon return home. They were not helpful, and because we had a problem on a previous cruise and I dealt with the head person on this chain before I felt this was the shortest route to resolve this concern.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Use our company contacts and start at Customer Service. I hate that the cruise lines do not tell customers when they have a large group on the ship. But they shouldn't be closing the Solarium all day and night every single day for a group - I would be angry as well if that happened to me. Don't deal with them over the phone - it needs to all be in writing.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/royal-caribbean/

If they offer anything, it is probably going to be a credit for a future cruise unfortunately. But start at the bottom and go up the executive chain one at a time. When you write, make sure you give your reservation number and state the dates and times you attempted to use the Solarium and did not have access to it being adults only.

What eatery are you referring to? When there is a kosher cruise, the cruise line does need to make sure one kitchen is kept kosher so it makes sense that they would have one restaurant dedicated to the group. But there are so many other places to eat this shouldn't have been a problem. I would keep the complaint to the fact you booked the cruise specifically for the Solarium and could not use it as they advertised it.

Sep 19, 2015
I agree with Neil; write the letter and focus on the fact that the adult only Solarium was not available and that was a specific amenity that you wanted on the cruise.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Yes, my colleagues are right. You need to be very specific when describing the situation. It's unclear to me just what your problems were. Your letter needs to make the person reading it want to help you. Surely the ship had many, many other areas for passengers to enjoy themselves, and surely there is more than one "eatery" on an RCCL ship. So the specific details of your experience are important.

Jun 27, 2017
Use bullet points. Keep it simple. State facts. No emotion. State your sail dates, reservation #, Crown & Anchor # (if you have one). You and your 5 friends wanted to enjoy the serenity of the "adult only" Solarium. You were unable to do so this time as a large group of approximately X number of people with children had access for X no. of hours daily throughout the cruise. The 5PM prayer time with 50+ people also created an uncomfortable setting for a normally quiet time. Etc. Etc. And if you are asking for any sort of financial remuneration, state a reasonable amount - not the entire cost of the cruise. Perhaps a future cruise credit. If you do ask for compensation, it's not a good idea to say you will NEVER sail with them ever again. Good luck.