Reservations.com

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 27, 2018
I'm looking for some help. I can't seem to locate any contacts for Reservations.com. I had scheduled a business trip to Nashville and booked a room at the Renaissance hotel. I booked on October 10th for check in on November 8th. I understood there was a 3 day cancellation policy. My business plans changed and I was not going to be attending the conference in Nashville.

I attempted to cancel the reservation on Monday, November 5th. The customer service rep cited the 3 day cancellation policy and would not cancel for me. At issue is how we count 3 days or are we down to actually counting hours here... I asked for a supervisor and when one was not available, I was promised a call back within 24 hours. I did not receive a call.

I called again on November 14th to inquire about status. While the rep was terribly sorry about my inconvenience, a supervisor was still not available. However, I was promised a call from supervisor "Rose" by the end of that business day. I did not receive a call.

I called again yesterday, November 26th and asked for a supervisor immediately. I was left on hold for nearly 15 minutes, and then suddenly, the call disconnected.

I'm out over $750 for a hotel I did not use, after I attempted to cancel within the time frame required, and after multiple attempts to reach customer service supervisor. I am in the customer service business. If one of my customers ever relayed a story like this to me about one of my employees, they would be fired, and so would their supervisor.

Very frustrated that I cannot even find a supervisor. Seems almost intentional!!

Feb 21, 2018
I just tried to book a reservation at the Renaissance to check in on December 11th. There are multiple room options, but I noticed based on the rate there were some rooms that were non-refundable at the outset (meaning once you click 'make reservation' there are no refunds) and then some rates that appear to have that three-day cancellation window.

What I found interesting is that the language is very specific about your deadline to cancel. For a reservation with a check in of December 11th, here is exactly what it says under the rate terms (expanded at the room selection screen):

"We understand that sometimes your travel plans change. However, this property (Renaissance Nashville Hotel) imposes the following penalty to its customers that we are required to pass on: Cancellations or changes made after 11:59 PM ((GMT-06:00)) on Dec 8, 2018 are subject to a 1 Night Room & Tax penalty. If you fail to check-in for this reservation, or if you cancel or change this reservation after check-in, you may incur penalty charges at the discretion of the property of up to 100% of the booking value. The USD 14.99 fee from Reservations.com included in the total is non-refundable. The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees. Any partial hotel stays is subject to be charged for the full reservations amount. "

Notice how specific the deadline is written - 11:59PM on December 8th, three days before check in date. (11-8 = 3)

Using your reservation of a check in on November 8th, I would expect the deadline to be 11:59PM on November 5th. (8 - 5 = 3).

Are you sure you selected one of the rates that had this three day window, or did you choose one of the fully non-refundable?

Even if you were within the three days, the cancellation policy I see states a penalty of just one night. Was the $750 for the full stay?

Sep 19, 2015
There are complications in that the OP did not book directly with the hotel. I tried to make a reservation on another OTA for December 16 and the cancellation info said cancellation had to be done BEFORE December 13th.

Usually the hotel has better policies for booking direct.

The company used is one of these mediocre OTAs based overseas and charges a fee to make a reservation.

Nov 27, 2018
I just tried to book a reservation at the Renaissance to check in on December 11th. There are multiple room options, but I noticed based on the rate there were some rooms that were non-refundable at the outset (meaning once you click 'make reservation' there are no refunds) and then some rates that appear to have that three-day cancellation window.

What I found interesting is that the language is very specific about your deadline to cancel. For a reservation with a check in of December 11th, here is exactly what it says under the rate terms (expanded at the room selection screen):

"We understand that sometimes your travel plans change. However, this property (Renaissance Nashville Hotel) imposes the following penalty to its customers that we are required to pass on: Cancellations or changes made after 11:59 PM ((GMT-06:00)) on Dec 8, 2018 are subject to a 1 Night Room & Tax penalty. If you fail to check-in for this reservation, or if you cancel or change this reservation after check-in, you may incur penalty charges at the discretion of the property of up to 100% of the booking value. The USD 14.99 fee from Reservations.com included in the total is non-refundable. The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees. Any partial hotel stays is subject to be charged for the full reservations amount. "

Notice how specific the deadline is written - 11:59PM on December 8th, three days before check in date. (11-8 = 3)

Using your reservation of a check in on November 8th, I would expect the deadline to be 11:59PM on November 5th. (8 - 5 = 3).

Are you sure you selected one of the rates that had this three day window, or did you choose one of the fully non-refundable?

Even if you were within the three days, the cancellation policy I see states a penalty of just one night. Was the $750 for the full stay?
That rate was one night... with all fees and taxes. The 3 day cancellation was quoted to me by the csr when I tried to cancel.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I'm looking for some help. I can't seem to locate any contacts for Reservations.com. I had scheduled a business trip to Nashville and booked a room at the Renaissance hotel. I booked on October 10th for check in on November 8th. I understood there was a 3 day cancellation policy. My business plans changed and I was not going to be attending the conference in Nashville.

I attempted to cancel the reservation on Monday, November 5th. The customer service rep cited the 3 day cancellation policy and would not cancel for me. At issue is how we count 3 days or are we down to actually counting hours here... I asked for a supervisor and when one was not available, I was promised a call back within 24 hours. I did not receive a call.
Did you try to cancel with reservations.com or with the hotel?
Why did you use reservations.com rather than direct booking with the hotel?

Nov 27, 2018
Did you receive an email confirmation after you booked?
Hotel Cancellation Policy
Any cancellation received within 3 days prior to the arrival date will be charged for the entire stay. If you fail to arrive or cancel the booking, no refund will be given. The USD 14.99 fee from Reservations.com included in the total is non-refundable. The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees. Any partial hotel stays is subject to be charged for the full reservations amount.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
What time on the reservation was your arrival
time? If the res. had you arriving at say 2:00 pm and you called at 4 pm on the 5th to cancel that would cause you to miss the cutoff.

Have you filled out the form I gave you to request contacts? Once they are posted I think you should escalate it in writing up the executive chain if need be.

I think you can make a reasonable request to refund if you can show you called before the arrival time on the reservation.

Nov 27, 2018
What time on the reservation was your arrival
time? If the res. had you arriving at say 2:00 pm and you called at 4 pm on the 5th to cancel that would cause you to miss the cutoff.

Have you filled out the form I gave you to request contacts? Once they are posted I think you should escalate it in writing up the executive chain if need be.

I think you can make a reasonable request to refund if you can show you called before the arrival time on the reservation.
I did fill out the contact form.

As for the call to them, I don't recall the exact time, but it was in the afternoon. The reservation confirmation does not have a check in time that I can plainly see.

For me, the most challenging part of this is the inability to actually get a qualified contact to hold a reasonable conversation.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco

I called again on November 14th to inquire about status. While the rep was terribly sorry about my inconvenience, a supervisor was still not available. However, I was promised a call from supervisor "Rose" by the end of that business day. I did not receive a call.

I called again yesterday, November 26th and asked for a supervisor immediately. I was left on hold for nearly 15 minutes, and then suddenly, the call disconnected.

I'm out over $750 for a hotel I did not use, after I attempted to cancel within the time frame required, and after multiple attempts to reach customer service supervisor. I am in the customer service business. If one of my customers ever relayed a story like this to me about one of my employees, they would be fired, and so would their supervisor.

Very frustrated that I cannot even find a supervisor. Seems almost intentional!!
Alas, it IS intentional. These online booking services care only about taking your money. They have very good luck ignoring customers until they go away. I've said this before but rocks were thrown at my head ... unfortunately, I happen to be right. I approach each transaction thinking that I'm going to be cheated, and I use an online booking service only if forced. I am scrupulous about the details and read all the fine print. Today, you just can't trust that a faceless internet entity has any interest in taking care of you. You have a better chance by booking directly with the hotel or airline.

Nov 27, 2018
Update - I posted an “I’m so frustrated with your company” message on their Twitter page. Got a response in about 3 minutes. Refund was processed in about 1 hour. The power of social media really helped me.

By the way the representative that did contact me said that cancellation policies are set by the hote and refunds are also handled at the discretion of the hotel. Not sure about that mixed message, but I’m pleased with my outcome.