{Reservation}The Best Western Plus Landmark Inn Lincoln City, Oregon

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 8, 2018
]Yes, We Peter & Christine Rennie Called this phone number 800-237-8483 to the Best Western Rewards Program, the card is listed under Peter Rennie,Best Western Rewards , we were looking for a room to spend the night away from Springfield,Ore.which is a 2 hr drive from home one-way, so we get told that the room will be $ 80.99 a nite plus tax,and that since we have the rewards program we would get 10.00 credit on my chase bank bill, 2 days after we check out,when we arrive at our destanation at The Best Western Plus Landmark Inn reservation { # 753659248},check in time at 4:00pm on 3/5/18.when we arrived we were given room 322, being disabled as we entered the room we find paper on the entry door, a torn desk chair, ripped all around the chair,leaves on the bed , it looked like a dogs feet prints across the bed spread, it was small indents on the spread.so I take photos of this and immediately go back down to the front desk, and show her the photos and told her, she advised us that the corporate office does not give them money to update the furniture, so they give us another room since we cant get a refund from the Best western Rewards.room 319, the exc. housekeeper is a guy he went up to room 319 and called and said the room was ready for us, so as we go to the room, we find hair in the sinl, on the floor, the mirrior is dirty, and spiders and their webs, on the balcony, we took more pictures,now mind you, the exc. house keeper just cleaned it,.room 319..I did not go out on the balcony, because I was afraid of the spiders and bites.on check out the next morning we complained,,and left, I fill like we need a 2 nite because of all that plus 60.00 gas we spent, for that,and the cable tv was freezing up..i have photos but having trouble loading them up.

Last edited:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Mar 8, 2018
No we were treated badly, and we couldn't get a refund, and we had called in the reservation, and when we got there both rooms were bad. Very bad. And we think we should get a refund and free night because of the spiders all on the balcony, I was afraid I would get bit.
And what can we do for you? I don’t understand what the problem is. The way the program works is you receive points every time you stay at a Best Western. When you have enough points you can earn a free night. You don’t get money back on your bill as far as I understand the program.

Were you expecting something different!

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/customer-service/bwr-frequently-asked-questions.html

Mar 8, 2018
No we were treated badly, and we couldn't get a refund, and we had called in the reservation, and when we got there both rooms were bad. Very bad. And we think we should get a refund and free night because of the spiders all on the balcony, I was afraid I would get bit.
And yes we were expecting clean rooms with no leaves on the bed, torn up chairs, the next room we get spiders, hair on sink, bath room floor, the mirror was dirty, and we r told still no refund.

Mar 8, 2018
And what can we do for you? I don’t understand what the problem is. The way the program works is you receive points every time you stay at a Best Western. When you have enough points you can earn a free night. You don’t get money back on your bill as far as I understand the program.

Were you expecting something different!, what we were expecting was sure not being told we can't get a refund. And then we get not just 1 bad room but 2, uncleaned room. After being told room 319 was cleaned personally by the exc, housekeeper said the rooms were clean. WE SHOULD GET A refund of the money spent on this room and what it looked like,

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/customer-service/bwr-frequently-asked-questions.html

Attachments

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018
... I am trying to keep the photos, but if a person makes a reservation, and they told me its a no refund policy on a reservation. So upon arriving & using,A filthy room, not once but twice, we got a spider, infested, rugged chair, and when I ask about the chair, the front desk clerk said, The Corporate office want update our furniture,

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
I know nothing about Lincoln city size or amenities, but I would not expect an $80 motel room to be anything different than you described. A good room is going to cost at least $130 in my opinion.
Spiders are just part of life and there is no spray that can get rid of them, they just need to be dealt with when you encounter them.
The dirty sink is disgusting. Did you ask for the room to be recleaned so you could use it?
The furniture is not to anyone’s liking but not likely to be a danger to you or your health in any way.
If you spent the night there I don’t see how you get a refund. If you left without spending the night then you night be able to get a refund by appealing the the executives of the company.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The room is nonrefundable if you do not cancel within a certain time frame.

Did you ask to speak to a Manager to have your room changed? You always need to ask them to fix it before you go up the hotel chain.

We have company contacts on top of our page. Read the information on top of the page about how to write and then use the contacts and go up the execituve chain one by one. In my eyes that room is pretty bad and for the good reviews it gets I wouldn’t expect what you pictured.

Let us know how you make out but please make sure your letter is clear so they know what you want. None of us had a clue that your complaint was about the room in your initial post because you talked about a $10 credit and not the room issues.

Jul 13, 2016
Trying to make sense of this:
you made a reservation
on arrival, first room was filthy with dogs prints on bed, leaves in the room, and torn furniture
you switched from room 322, to room 319.
this room had a dirty sink, a spider-infested balcony, and someone else's hair in various places in the bathroom
You paid $80 for this and stayed the one night

Now, you would like a refund of the $80 and a free night in compensation?

Is this correct?

Mar 8, 2018
Yes, but when we ask them to clean it the executive . Housekeeper said he did, even in the second room, the only reason we got it cheep was because of our rewards program, with Best Western rewards program. That is the low cost of $ 80.99, had we not got the rewards it would have been a much higher rate. When we ask for the second room The Executive , said he personally cleaned it for us to move to. So we waited because, we could not get a refund, do to our rewards program and that's the second set of spiders, 1 was hanging and I couldn't get it, I ask them and it never got done,and without a refund, and they said it was cleaned, there they all are smoking outside front.So being disabled and not getting the refund it was like staying at home, I got bit before, its not fun. The pictures shows them all smoking and not coming up and did not clean the rooms,what I mean like being at home is, If I wanted to give 90. 00 away I could of stayed home, I drove 2 hr, one way spent well over 160. , to get treated worst than being at home and saving

Last edited: