Requesting Payment Arrangements

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 12, 2018
I have been a customer of Sprint since 2009. recently had a kidney transplant and gotten behind on my Sprint bill. I explained to customer service and a Supervisor that I am not asking to avoid paying, I just need to pay at a later date. My payment is past due $453.00 and asked if I can pay $200 on the 15th of November and $253 on November 22. I am only getting sick payment monthly and still going to transplant doctor on a weekly basis. I have offered to submit my medical documentation but the answer was no!!
If you can assist me I would greatly appreciate it. Time is crucial! I only have a few days I think before my phone is disconnected.
Please help me!!

Thank you,

KaLynn

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I can't imagine why Sprint would not extend you this courtesy ... you're only asking for a very short extension on your bill. There must be more to this story ... can you fill us in on the circumstances?

Nov 12, 2018
I explained to Sprint my situation. In October I requested a payment date of October 22 which I paid. At the same time I informed them that I am only getting my sick pay once a month. When I called today and asked for another extension they said they only can give 1 extension. I need my phone. I don’t have a home phone. I take Uber to my doctor appointments every 2 weeks and have my bloodwork done every week. Bottom line they just want the money.

Apr 3, 2016
Contact Sprint and ask to be put on a payment plan/schedule. You can ask for a supervisor. This is usually a payment schedule to pay past due amounts. You would still need to also pay the current due each month. This could help. Do be aware that if you go in a payment schedule, if you miss one payment due date/amount (even by $1 or 1 day), the bill will probably go into collections and your phone shut off. If this does not work, is there anyone you could borrow the money from short term to pay the bill?

Nov 12, 2018
Contact Sprint and ask to be put on a payment plan/schedule. You can ask for a supervisor. This is usually a payment schedule to pay past due amounts. You would still need to also pay the current due each month. This could help. Do be aware that if you go in a payment schedule, if you miss one payment due date/amount (even by $1 or 1 day), the bill will probably go into collections and your phone shut off. If this does not work, is there anyone you could borrow the money from short term to pay the bill?
I did all that you just said and the Supervisor said no would not let me speak to a manager

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I have been a customer of Sprint since 2009. recently had a kidney transplant and gotten behind on my Sprint bill. I explained to customer service and a Supervisor that I am not asking to avoid paying, I just need to pay at a later date. My payment is past due $453.00 and asked if I can pay $200 on the 15th of November and $253 on November 22. I am only getting sick payment monthly and still going to transplant doctor on a weekly basis. I have offered to submit my medical documentation but the answer was no!!
If you can assist me I would greatly appreciate it. Time is crucial! I only have a few days I think before my phone is disconnected.
Please help me!!

Thank you,

KaLynn
If you need a phone, purchase an inexpensive phone and get a prepaid plan. You can find these at grocery stores, Walmart etc for $30-40. You would decrease your monthly bills permanently. Sprint offers nothing more than other providers offer.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
If you need a phone, purchase an inexpensive phone and get a prepaid plan. You can find these at grocery stores, Walmart etc for $30-40. You would decrease your monthly bills permanently. Sprint offers nothing more than other providers offer.
I've had a Tracfone for years; the phone was free and I buy 1200 minutes annually for a little more than $100. No contract, no monthly payment, no angst. It's perfect for those of us who use a phone to communicate, not to talk on all day.

Sep 26, 2017
I've had a Tracfone for years; the phone was free and I buy 1200 minutes annually for a little more than $100. No contract, no monthly payment, no angst. It's perfect for those of us who use a phone to communicate, not to talk on all day.
I do the exact same thing here and I love it. In addition, you can frequently find TracFone phones on sale on HSN or QVC that include a year of service and often for cheaper than the year's service would have been.

Katherine53

Verified Member
Nov 4, 2018
Ohhhh, that's my favorite line from a company, "I am the highest up person you will ever speak with". When they say that, just hang up and write. OR, you can always request a manager call back if writing is a challenge.

Make sure that you state clearly that you are "Applying for disability accommodation". This makes it hard for them to refuse to help you.

Good luck!

Sep 19, 2015
Ohhhh, that's my favorite line from a company, "I am the highest up person you will ever speak with". When they say that, just hang up and write. OR, you can always request a manager call back if writing is a challenge.

Make sure that you state clearly that you are "Applying for disability accommodation". This makes it hard for them to refuse to help you.

Good luck!
I am not sure that disability accommodation is the correct term. A disability accommodation usually means things like TTY machine/RTT, large print invoices, braille invoices, etc. Maybe a request for a payment plan because of illness and disability? I am afraid that the person who glances at the email would sent it to the wrong department, ie the accessibility department.

Kidney failure is horrible, and I do hope that the kidney transplant has no serious complications for the OP.

Hopefully a polite letter to the Sprint contacts, giving definite payment dates, will yield positive results.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I do the exact same thing here and I love it. In addition, you can frequently find TracFone phones on sale on HSN or QVC that include a year of service and often for cheaper than the year's service would have been.
That's good to know. Gotta admit to everyone that a TracFone only works for those of us who refuse to jabber on our phone every waking hour!