Rental car diminished value claim

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 12, 2019
I think he has a decent shot at not paying the DV as the vehicle was sold, so the rental company must now show that they got less money as a direct result of the accident. They were basing the earlier demand from a formula based on the repairs and severity.

Reactions: VoR61
Jan 10, 2021
The first thing is to deal with the DV issue and attempt to get them to reduce it if you can, just in case you are unable to collect it from the other driver. Once that is settle, you can pursue collecting this amount from the at-fault driver.
Agreed. I sent an email to National Customer service on Monday and haven’t got response yet. Will update this thread once I have.