Rental car accident Loss of Use and Admin Fees

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 8, 2019
There is some good advice here that I hope I can apply to a similar dispute with Fox Rent A Car ... that has gone on for 18 months.

The Other Person hit me while I was at a dead stop. He was ticketed. His company, (Country Financial), paid for the extremely minor repair. Paint abrasions on the bumper cover. But then we began the Loss of Use/Administrative Fee dance. My company eventually subrogated the Loss of Use charge (an utterly ridiculous 19 hours of labor) without anyone ever requiring proof of, you know, actual Loss of Use. But that's the insurance game. "Administrative Fees" are now the sticking point. Country Financial doesn't pay them. Nor does State Farm. So it's up to me to deal with the collection agency.

Questions:

Can I demand that Fox Rent A Car prove they had extra administrative work? With actual dates and phone numbers of people assigned to "the case?"

Fox is saying they have no role in this since they've turned it over for collection. Does that have any legal validity?

Should I just ignore the collection agency, and/or file a claim in small claims court and tell them to show up and make their case?

Should I hunt down the other driver and threaten him unless he pays the "Administrative Fees"?

Finally, State Farm told me months ago they were subrogating this whole matter. I've now learned that they "closed the file" last April. No one told me the "Administrative Fees" business was still a live matter ... with interest accruing. What might I be able to do with State Farm? A complaint with the state insurance commissioner?