Reimbursement Suggestions

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 20, 2018
PA
Good morning,

I would like advice on how to get reimbursement from Frontier for a flight I was unable to take. I was scheduled to fly on Frontier back in August. Prior to my flight, and after my reservation, I started treatment for a recent diagnosis which prohibits me from flying for 2 years, which is the length of my treatment. Based on a letter from my doctor, Frontier was kind enough to provide me with a credit for the flight, which must be used within 90 days. However, as previously stated, I am unable to use the credit within the 90 day time period.

I am looking for advice on how to obtain a refund for the flight, or have the credit extended well beyond the 90 days which is not very likely. TIA!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you didn’t have Travel insurance, which is exactly what it’s for, you may be out of luck. You bought a nonrefundable ticket and the airline was doing you a favor by even giving you a credit that they didn’t have to offer at all.

One thing to try- call the credit card you used to buy the ticket and see if they offer insurance that you might be able to put a claim into.

This is why travel insurance is so important- it is due things like unexpected illness that comes up.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Good morning,

I would like advice on how to get reimbursement from Frontier for a flight I was unable to take. I was scheduled to fly on Frontier back in August. Prior to my flight, and after my reservation, I started treatment for a recent diagnosis which prohibits me from flying for 2 years, which is the length of my treatment. Based on a letter from my doctor, Frontier was kind enough to provide me with a credit for the flight, which must be used within 90 days. However, as previously stated, I am unable to use the credit within the 90 day time period.

I am looking for advice on how to obtain a refund for the flight, or have the credit extended well beyond the 90 days which is not very likely. TIA!
You could try asking for a voucher rather than a credit. A voucher can be used by someone else (still within the 90 days).
If you purchased a non-refundable ticket it is unlikely that they will give you a refund, but it does not hurt to ask, explaining why you personally cannot use a 90-day credit.
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/frontier-airlines/