Reimbursement one way for 9 hour flight delay

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 24, 2017
My family had a 9 hour delay in Aruba last week going to jfk due to an airplane door issue. Then when we got to jfk it took 2 hours to get our luggage. They said it was due to a shift change. Delta has emailed me vouchers for 75 dollars per family member. I read on line that if the flight is 8 or more hours that you get a refund. I have been emailing them but have not heard back in a few days.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Please show us where you saw you are due a refund for a 9 hour delay. If that's true, it's news to us. Don't believe everything you read online.

Here is the official DOT passenger rights info.
In actuality they don't have to give you anything except get you home.

https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/fly-rights

However, I also don't think that $50 is enough for a 9 hour delay. Use our Company contacts on top of our page and write to Delta. Tell them you appreciate their offer of a credit but you don't think
$50 pp is enough for 9 hours. (Did they give you food vouchers?)

I would request at least another $100 pp and see what they say.

Nov 14, 2016
My family had a 9 hour delay in Aruba last week going to jfk due to an airplane door issue. Then when we got to jfk it took 2 hours to get our luggage. They said it was due to a shift change. Delta has emailed me vouchers for 75 dollars per family member. I read on line that if the flight is 8 or more hours that you get a refund. I have been emailing them but have not heard back in a few days.
I think we're going to need some additional details. Did the door repair take 9 hours? Did they leave you wandering the airport that entire time? Can you please be more specific as to the nature of the delay and where the delays occurred?

Also, there is no law/rule that I am aware of that says you get a refund for an 8+ hour delay.