reimbursement for American Airline flight

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 14, 2018
Frontier cancelled our (me and my husband) return flight home, when I called to find out why and what was going on they wouldn't tell me why the flight was cancelled on said that they sent me two vouchers and I could either schedule the next available flight they had(which is not until Friday 11:44 pm) or book with another airline and they would reimburse me. They told me once I book another flight then fill out some reimbursement form but I'm unable to find that form. The only form I see is for a refund. Can you please help me so that I can get reimbursed for the new airline tickets I HAD TO PURCHASE IN ORDER TO GET HOME.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I’ve never heard of Frontier doing something like this. If they cancel a flight, their only obligation is to either put you on the next available flight- which they offered and of course was too far away. That’s the drawback of discount airlines- their next flights with seats could be a week away. Or they have to provide you with a refund for the unused flight.

They often will lie to you to get you out of their hair, too.

Here are our company contacts at Frontier;

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/frontier-airlines/

Start at Customer Service and tell them what you told us. Let us know what they say.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Frontier cancelled our (me and my husband) return flight home, when I called to find out why and what was going on they wouldn't tell me why the flight was cancelled on said that they sent me two vouchers and I could either schedule the next available flight they had(which is not until Friday 11:44 pm) or book with another airline and they would reimburse me. They told me once I book another flight then fill out some reimbursement form but I'm unable to find that form. The only form I see is for a refund. Can you please help me so that I can get reimbursed for the new airline tickets I HAD TO PURCHASE IN ORDER TO GET HOME.
I think you've been misinformed. They will refund the cost of their tix and that's the form they are instructing you to complete. This kind of thing happens with these low-cost airlines quite often.

Aug 14, 2018
I’ve never heard of Frontier doing something like this. If they cancel a flight, their only obligation is to either put you on the next available flight- which they offered and of course was too far away. That’s the drawback of discount airlines- their next flights with seats could be a week away. Or they have to provide you with a refund for the unused flight.

They often will lie to you to get you out of their hair, too.

Here are our company contacts at Frontier;

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/frontier-airlines/

Start at Customer Service and tell them what you told us. Let us know what they say.

This is unexceptional!!!!!! I called two different times and was on hold 1hr and 30 minutes each time and two different workers told me the same thing. I questioned them about the option of purchasing MORE tickets with another airline and frontier reimbursing me and they verified it over and over again. They even told me that frontier would reimburse up to $400 per ticket. They said all I need to was go on flyfrontier.custhelp.com/app/reimburse and fill out the form and provide proof of the ticket and amount that I had to pay($343.50 total for both tickets). So what your telling me is that Frontier workers are liars. This is not right and unfair to customers.

Aug 14, 2018
I think you've been misinformed. They will refund the cost of their tix and that's the form they are instructing you to complete. This kind of thing happens with these low-cost airlines quite often.
From reading other post I think you're right but this is unfair no matter what kind of airline it is( low-cost or regular cost)! Be true to your word! This is very unexceptional.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
From reading other post I think you're right but this is unfair no matter what kind of airline it is( low-cost or regular cost)! Be true to your word! This is very unexceptional.
You are so right, this behaviour of Frontier is unacceptable. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. But I hope Christine has found some good guidance for you. Make your letter very polite and businesslike, no emotion ... remember the person reading it did not cause your problem and is in a position to help you. Your job is to get her to WANT to help you. If you want to post your letter here, we'll be glad to take a look at it before you send it in. Best of luck, and please be sure to keep us updated.

Dec 19, 2014
[QUOTE="or book with another airline and they would reimburse me." [/QUOTE]

You either misunderstood, or the agent lied to you. This is not Frontier's policy, and unless you have proof (either a recording, or in writing), I doubt that Frontier will waiver on this. Having said that, a polite letter may result in additional compensation.

We live in a location that has multiple ultra LCC flights. Every few months, the local news will do a piece about how "vacations were ruined because Frontier cancelled a flight" and even with the local news broadcasting stories, passengers report that they have to arrange for another flight at last minute walk up fares or cancel their trip.

It is one of the perils of booking with a ultra LCC (ie Allegiant, Frontier, Spirit) carrier with limited flight schedules. When everything goes right, it saves you money. When things go ashtray, then it isn't a bargain anymore.

Oct 11, 2018
I am currently in the exact same position as you...I was told by three different people (including a supervisor) at Frontier that they would reimburse me $400 towards a a ticket with another airline because they cancelled my flight. Luckily, I recorded two of the conversations & so I have proof that this is what they offered. I am wondering if you ever managed to receive the money from them & if so, how did you go about it? I also cannot find the reimbursment form.