Refused check in for Justfly.com ticket by AirMaroc as Infant's name not generated in reservation

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 11, 2019
I booked a ticket on November 3 for JFK-AUH December 19, 2018 for 2 adults, 2 kids and 1 infant on justfly.com. Justfly.com generated reservation totaling ~$6000 connecting on Royal AirMaroc via Casablanca, Morocco with a 55 minutes stopover to AUH. Upon reaching airport at JFK on December 19 I was told I cannot check in since my infant's ticket was not showing her name.

In the justfly.com website when I booked I did clearly enter her name but in the reservation her name was showing my full name name with "infant" in brackets . I did not put this in but it was generated automatically by justfly, com website. My assumption on seeing this in the reservation was that the infants name must be in the system since I clearly entered this inn the passenger list.
Airmaroc refused to check me in as they cannot match her passport name to reservation , I had to call justfly.com to change name which they refused as the flight was leaving in 2 hours. It was an overbooked flight on Christmas Eve, I don't know if the airmaroc agent used this as a reason to bump us off the flight.

I had to cancel the full ticket, and return with my 3 kids and all the bags on eve of Christmas and had to book a completely different ticket at 3 times the price on Delta via Expedia.com

Justlfy.com charged me $250 per person cancellation charges and Airmarco also charged $1000 total for cancellation charges resulting in a net loss of $2000 with no services provided whatsoever.
How can I get justfly.com and airmaroc to refund me full cancellation charges and is there any way I can claim damages as I was incurred expenses to rebook at 3 times price for no mistake of mine. Thanks

Also anyone booking with an infant on needs to be aware of justfly.com generating reservation with no infant's name and pass on the blame to the customer. There is no way I would enter my infant's name as my name with "infant" in brackets. This was generated by their reservation system, clearly a programing error which needs to be fixed.

Sep 19, 2015
Hi NJTraveller I am sorry to read that you had problems with Justfly. They have terrible reviews and even the BBB (generally useless) put out a warning on them. If one searches online one can see numerous complaints about improper ticketing. One should never trust reviews on sites were companies pay for “business services” or “reputation management” such as T*****p**** or C********A******.

Air Maroc did not bump you — the ticket name has to match the passport and this is especially crucial for international flights as flight manifests are reviewed by immigration authorities.

Justfly made the error as they did not properly transfer the information to the airline. The airline just receives what it is given.

What did the confirmation from justfly say?

Neil, one of the staff members, knows airline ticketing much better than I do.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Justfly blew it. But I honestly don’t have a good feeling about getting anything from them, as they don’t respond to emails or phone calls. They are totally responsible for this because they didn’t put the babies name on the ticket.

We have company contacts for them.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/justfly-com/

Read this and follow the guidelines on how to write.
Good luck and let us know what happens.

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
How awful. It's far better to book direct with an airline or hotel. Problems like this can often be solved right on the spot. Using an online booking service can turn a simple problem into a disaster, as you found out. You have two strikes against you by the airlines and hotels when you use these internet sites. All you can do now is write polite, concise emails, admit that you didn't realize that the baby's name wasn't in the res, and ask for the compensation you desire. Also, for the future, scrutinize your reservations and make sure everything is correct, don't assume that it is.