REFUSAL TO REMOVE DNR(DO NOT RENT) FROM MY ACCOUNT

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 27, 2019
Here is a copy of the email I sent to Enterprise Senior Vice President of North American Operations David Nestor and Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer Chrisine Taylor on 2/23-25/19...STILL NO RESPONSE!
----------------------------------------
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my email. My name is Stacey McBride
(Rewards # xxxxxx) I also sent this email to CEO David Nestor on February 22nd and still have not gotten a response

I have been a consistent renter with Enterprise since March 2018 through the Manasquan, New Jersey office.

I was recently hospitalized on January 29th and got out on the February 8th during that time the car had to be taken back... Which I completely understand. There was a past due balance of $242.85
for the time I was in the hospital which was paid this past Monday (2/12/19) please see attached receipt.

Unbeknownst to myself or Mike from the Manasquan office who has been absolutely wonderful, there is a DNR on my account.

I have spoken with the regional manager who has refused to remove it even though my debt has been paid, he wants me to pay for a full month upfront of $1,200 + 250 security deposit.
I rely on this vehicle for my income, I'm a massage therapist ...as well I have been illegally locked out of my home and I'm living on the streets right now.

It is imperative that I get back into this vehicle not only for my income but in order to get to the courthouse to file against my roommate. I have gotten absolutely no where with the regional manager who is refusing to budge.

I'm hoping you can help me I've been consistent good customer for almost 11 months and will continue to be a good customer given the opportunity to get back into a vehicle... but I do NOT have $1,200 to come up with especially since I no longer have an income without a vehicle.

Mike from the Manasquan office I'm sure it is willing to vouch for me we have a very good business relationship. Like I said he's been absolutely wonderful and has done everything that he could to help but to no avail.

Edited by moderator to remove frequent renter number.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We need to understand your issue- your letter is unclear. Do you rent from them on a monthly basis?

First- how much of a past due balance due you have and when did you pay it? It takes time to have all records updated. You said you paid the balance on “this past Monday, 2/12.” 2/12 was a Tuesday.

You also said “the car had to be taken back”. What does that mean?

Your letter is very unclear and perhaps they don’t understand what you are talking about.

If you just write to them the 22 you haven’t given anyone enough time to reply. And if you want our assistance, you need to start at the bottom and work up one by one once a week.

If you went into a past due status they are within their rights to ask for a security deposit up front for a future rental.

Here is what you need to follow if you want assistance here:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Feb 27, 2019
Here is a copy of the email I sent to Enterprise Senior Vice President of North American Operations David Nestor and Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer Chrisine Taylor on 2/23-25/19...STILL NO RESPONSE!
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my email. My name is Stacey McBride
(Rewards # xxxxxx) I also sent this email to CEO David Nestor on February 22nd and still have not gotten a response

I have been a consistent renter with Enterprise since March 2018 through the Manasquan, New Jersey office.

I was recently hospitalized on January 29th and got out on the February 8th during that time the car had to be taken back... Which I completely understand. There was a past due balance of $242.85
for the time I was in the hospital which was paid this past Monday (2/12/19) please see attached receipt.

Unbeknownst to myself or Mike from the Manasquan office who has been absolutely wonderful, there is a DNR on my account.

I have spoken with the regional manager who has refused to remove it even though my debt has been paid, he wants me to pay for a full month upfront of $1,200 + 250 security deposit.
I rely on this vehicle for my income, I'm a massage therapist ...as well I have been illegally locked out of my home and I'm living on the streets right now.

It is imperative that I get back into this vehicle not only for my income but in order to get to the courthouse to file against my roommate. I have gotten absolutely no where with the regional manager who is refusing to budge.

I'm hoping you can help me I've been consistent good customer for almost 11 months and will continue to be a good customer given the opportunity to get back into a vehicle... but I do NOT have $1,200 to come up with especially since I no longer have an income without a vehicle.

Mike from the Manasquan office I'm sure it is willing to vouch for me we have a very good business relationship. Like I said he's been absolutely wonderful and has done everything that he could to help but to no avail.

I paid weekly . What would get a statement of the end of the month manager would roll into a monthly thing for I do not owe any balance it was paid on the 12th I owed to 242. 85 and that was paid on the 12th and they are still refusing to rent it to me

Feb 27, 2019
I understand the 250 security I've been paying 250 security every month as well but they want $1,200 up front for an entire month rental on top of the 250 Security even though I have a zero balance the past due balance has been paid in full

Jul 13, 2016
I would definitely remove the part about being homeless. The executives might think you intend to live in the car, something that no car rental agency wants.

Also, remove the bit about your roommate and a lawsuit. Not relevant.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You will get further by asking nicely to have the DNR removed. I agree with Globe- take out all references to your money issues - that is more of a red flag that you might not be able to pay the rental bills and more reason to not allow you to rent. Remember they don’t owe you a rental to do your job- that’s not their issue, they want to know the car is going to be paid for and can leave the DNR on.

Have you considered using another company?

Feb 27, 2019
I paid week after week for almost 11 months the only reason I was behind in a payment for that week was because I was in the hospital as I explained but that balance has been paid since them I owe them no money and I did ask nicely this was the last resort I already talked to the regional manager I could talk to customer service corporate customer service these emails were the last resort.... I can't go with another company that the only ones that allow me to use my prepaid ameriserve card everybody else wants a bank card or credit card which I do not have and cannot get

Sep 20, 2018
I wont be of any help, but I am sorry for your travails, I hope you are ok...renting a car without a CC isnt easy. Do you have your own insurance?
How are they covered if you get into a major accident?

Feb 28, 2019
For future reference, stick to relevant facts during these types of disputes.
Mentioning that you're homeless, have to go to court, that you can't get a credit or bank card, the "pity card" seldom works, instead people will think you're irresponsible and not want to do business with you.

Work with a bank or credit union to get yourself at least a debit card or one of those secured credit cards. You mentioned you cannot get one, working in a bank I can tell you that you can BUT it's going to take some patience, dedication and discipline and it won't happen overnight.

I hope you can get this resolved and that you're able to get back on the road to financial success.

Dec 19, 2014
It does not sound like you are on a DNR list. They are willing to rent to you, contingent on a $1200 pre-payment and a $250 security deposit.

As you have stated, Enterprise has been the only company willing to rent to you without a credit card. I am sorry to hear that you are in a tough situation, but I am skeptical that you will get them to budge on this issue. It sounds like the regional manager is already standing behind the location.

From the location's perspective, they see you as a financial risk. They are renting you a vehicle that is worth a minimum $15k or higher, and they need financial guarantees. The fact that you have been a good customer in the past plays no role in their position as based on your own letter you are at very high financial risk.

Regrettably, I wish I could deliver more helpful advice, but once you get back on your feet financially, have you considered getting a credit card, even a secured credit card? Car rental without a credit card is very challenging.

Dec 19, 2014
One other question that is in my mind.... based on what you are writing, you are renting a vehicle for $1200 a month, which is $14,400 a year. Wouldn't it be much more cost effective to purchase a reliable used car for transportation?
A several year old Toyota corolla could be purchased for under $10k and would provide reliable transportation for years provided that the vehicle is inspected by a mechanic before purchase and maintained. I personally drive a 17 year old Camry.