Refund request

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 19, 2019
I have been trying to request a refund for a stay I had at marriott in puerto vallarta my stay was horrible to say the least. I have contacted customer services and consumer affairs and my complaints have fallen on deaf ears. Not sure what else I can do at this point for this matter to be truly resolved.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you ask management at the hotel for assistance with the problems? What were the problems? Did you request to be moved to another hotel?

If you stayed at the hotel despite issues, then you used the hotel and aren’t entitled to a full refund.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I have been trying to request a refund for a stay I had at marriott in puerto vallarta my stay was horrible to say the least. I have contacted customer services and consumer affairs and my complaints have fallen on deaf ears. Not sure what else I can do at this point for this matter to be truly resolved.
Here are the Marriott contacts: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/marriott/

Email the first cust serv person and move down the list weekly if no/negative response.

Be specific about your issues but be brief. Do not attach anything to your email unless asked. If you stayed for the full reserved time a full refund may not be realistic. They may offer you credit for future Marriott stays or points in your account to use.
https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/