refund of candelled trip booked with Exoticca

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 16, 2021
August 2019, I booked a trip tp India with friend couple. Made deposit of 1480.80 each and in January 2020 paid balance of 959.20 each. Due to pandemic I called Exoticca and cancelled the trip and as per their cancellation policy I cancelled 30 days prior the trip to at least to receive 40% of total price, which would be 959.20. I spoke with company and emailed more than dozen times and only answers I got was just to wait. It's been over 14 months since I cancelled trip and I haven't received a single penny. I think they are using my money to keep operating. They are still advertising future trips. Don't book any trips with Exoticca. They don't refund any money. They are just rip offs.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
Have you checked with the airline to see if Exotica was refunded by the Airline?
More importantly here is that you canceled this trip. Normally unless you have expensive refundable tickets, you would not be due a refund at all. Why do you think you are due a refund?
With luck the airlines processed a voucher for you that you can use to book a flight with that specific airline.
Even if the OP could do a charge back the credit card might very well find for4 Exotica as the OP canceled a non refundable ticket.
I would see if the airline processed a voucher for Exotica in your name. You might have this voucher and not know it.
Even if you are due nothing you should still get your taxes and fees back though a small amount compared to what you paid.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
Have you checked with the airline to see if Exotica was refunded by the Airline?
More importantly here is that you canceled this trip. Normally unless you have expensive refundable tickets, you would not be due a refund at all. Why do you think you are due a refund?
With luck the airlines processed a voucher for you that you can use to book a flight with that specific airline.
Even if the OP could do a charge back the credit card might very well find for4 Exotica as the OP canceled a non refundable ticket.
I would see if the airline processed a voucher for Exotica in your name. You might have this voucher and not know it.
Even if you are due nothing you should still get your taxes and fees back though a small amount compared to what you paid.
It appears the terms of the contract state a partial refund:

I called Exoticca and cancelled the trip and as per their cancellation policy I cancelled 30 days prior the trip to at least to receive 40% of total price,

Reactions: SueCee

Alexander Pahany

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
You might try a written letter to their corporate office. I'd send it certified, return receipt requested. I have attached the most recent corporate filing for the company's US-based operations. The CEO's address in Barcelona, Spain, is on there, too, if you want to give that a shot, too.

Attachments

• GetDocument.pdf
    3.5 KB · Views: 0

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I am not sure The OP has read their terms and conditions on this.
For the OP's booking date they would be due a refund minus ...
"More than 30 days - Deposit only plus any airfare that has already been paid by us"
So, if the OTA had paid already for this flight it would not be refunded.
Nowhere was I able to find out where this 40% refund was. I think the person on the phone was not correct.
Beyond that It states very clearly that to get ANY refund you can not do it over the phone you need to email your request.
From their terms and conditions ...
"If you wish to make any changes to your arrangements after they have been confirmed, including if you wish to cancel all or some of them, you must inform us in writing to [email protected] as soon as possible. Your notice requesting a change or cancellation will only take effect when it is received in writing to the aforementioned e-mail address, and if it is received outside our Customer Service operating hours, it will only be effective from the next working day."
(If this was me I would try and see what the airline has done and try to see if there is the possibility of a credit.

Last edited: