Refund after Allegiant Left Me Stranded in Las Vegas

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 19, 2015
Tiara Sampson I did not mean to sound harsh, but I think I did.... I see that you are a novice traveler and read bad information on the nature of card disputes. I think you were a little optimistic on the service of Allegiant. Time as a college student is a period to live and learn but one should always have a small reserve in case of travel mishaps; this is really important so you can keep yourself safe, and not be alone and abandoned at night.

You have handled the criticism I gave with a lot of grace.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I commend you for taking everything in. It is a learning curve on what the airlines do and do not do. Yours is a relatively minor delay if you arrived only 3 hours late.

A total cancellation if the pilot was a no show is a totally different story, but that's not what happened

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Thank you for your reply. It's a little irrelevant but if you're curious I'm a broke college student and have apparently been very lucky when flying in the past. There were also other personal reasons involved in making the trip asap. Also, a hotel, cab, and bus ticket in Vegas came to much more than $75. But, I definitely will not fly without a substantial emergency fund twice.

After speaking with Chase Bank I did not believe that it was abuse of the system. I had never done a chargeback and Chase suggested it after I told them what I wrote here.. It was not meant to be a loan but a refund as I was told by Chase. Now, I'm fully aware that this was incredibly unorthodox.

Anywho, I think I'll just let the whole thing go.
Because you're such a quick study, Tiara, here's another little gem for you. You already know not to book an airline tix solely on the cheapest price. When you have a valid dispute of a charge on your credit card, the bank accepts it for investigation. The people who answer the phone will never tell you that you don't have a case. They'll just take your information, or ask you to submit online. There's a whole 'nother department that evaluates the disputes.

Filing a credit card dispute seems to have become the flavor of the month and pretty soon it will be much more onerous to dispute a charge. The banks can't just keep hiring people to take care of all the disputes, especially if half of them turn out to be invalid. They'll have to get tougher on which disputes they'll accept. Just as more and more people are spending money on the internet and need the protection of a good bank who will stand behind them, the method to file the dispute will become much more complex.

May 17, 2016
I am looking for advice on receiving refund from Allegiant or payment reversal from Chase Bank after a terrible flight home. The situation is a little confusing so I am not sure who is in the wrong or even if I'm solely to blame.

My best friend had her baby early so I excitedly flew to Hawaii to meet her. Being last minute, I booked a one-way TUS-LAS United flight and a round trip LAS-HNL Allegiant flight. I would take a bus from LAS to Tucson.

Everything went perfectly until.. it was time to fly home. I arrive at my gate 2 hours early but end up waiting 5. The Allegiant rep at the HNL airport tells me that Allegiant will be able to provide accommodations or compensation at LAS. My flight, eventually arrives in LAS at 12:00 am, 3 hrs late. I miss my 11 pm bus and Allegiant's counter is closed. I call Allegiant and they refuse to provide any sort of accommodations. At this point, I'm having a good airport cry.. I find myself alone in Las Vegas at midnight without a place to sleep or a ride home. Then, icing on the cake, an airport employee offers me $300 to watch him masterbate! Vegas.. I decide to reverse dispute my ticket payment and use that money for hotel and bus pass. I know it's unorthodox but I was desperate. I felt Allegiant was at fault so I would have asked for compensation regardless.

9/21/2016 - I call Chase to have my payment to Allegiant reversed. The rep takes my claim information and a few minutes later $367.00 is placed into my account. I use some of it for a hotel.

9/22/2016 - I find that my account is overdrawn and there is no credit listed. I go to a Chase bank and the teller can not find any trace of a credit. I call Chase and am told that, unknowingly to me, the rep placed an ‘emergency memo credit’ on my account instead which literally disappears after midnight. This rep then places another ‘emergency memo credit’ for the remainder of the $367.00 which leaves my account negative 12am.

10/12/2016 - Chase finally does a real ‘reversal’ credit of my $367.00 ticket. My account is no longer negative

10/27/2016 - Chase does a $367.00 ‘claim reversal’ stating that “While we were researching your claim, we determined that your account already received a credit on 10/12/2016. We will remove the credit of $367.00.” My account is negative $367.00.

11/8/216 - I finally notice the overdraft. I call Chase and am told that the $367.00 credit was reversed because I had received two credits for $367. I tell the rep that I only truly received one true 'reversal' credit and one full ’emergency memo credit’ which over drafted out of my account. The rep confirms this and says that 10/27/16 ‘claim reversal’ decision was a mistake and that she would send it "upstairs" to have them look at it.

Dec 2016 - I call Chase Claims and am told that my claim was denied because Allegiant had fully provided expected services. I told her that the previous rep had said that my ‘claim reversal’ was a mistake. She confirmed this in the representative notes on my account but, said she did not know why. I did receive my flight and told Chase that yet they still had me file a claim only to deny me.

I am aware that I can not be compensated for a crappy time. However, I have read that I have the right to "withhold payment" if dissatisfied with the service or service is not delivered as agreed after making a good-faith effort with the merchant, which I have. Still, I know its a long shot. I have read that airlines are not legally obligated to provide accommodations for late flights but, the Allegiant rep did tell me that they would. It does seem that fighting Allegient would be an uphill battle. I am just wondering what my rights are.

HALP!
At that point, I'd have accepted the $300 for the employee's little show. (Just kidding!) But seriously, you did complete your journey, albeit way behind schedule and with plenty of aggravation, so Allegiant fulfilled its obligation and owes you nothing. Very sad, but true.

Apr 30, 2016
I am looking for advice on receiving refund from Allegiant or payment reversal from Chase Bank after a terrible flight home. The situation is a little confusing so I am not sure who is in the wrong or even if I'm solely to blame.

My best friend had her baby early so I excitedly flew to Hawaii to meet her. Being last minute, I booked a one-way TUS-LAS United flight and a round trip LAS-HNL Allegiant flight. I would take a bus from LAS to Tucson.

Everything went perfectly until.. it was time to fly home. I arrive at my gate 2 hours early but end up waiting 5. The Allegiant rep at the HNL airport tells me that Allegiant will be able to provide accommodations or compensation at LAS. My flight, eventually arrives in LAS at 12:00 am, 3 hrs late. I miss my 11 pm bus and Allegiant's counter is closed. I call Allegiant and they refuse to provide any sort of accommodations. At this point, I'm having a good airport cry.. I find myself alone in Las Vegas at midnight without a place to sleep or a ride home. Then, icing on the cake, an airport employee offers me $300 to watch him masterbate! Vegas.. I decide to reverse dispute my ticket payment and use that money for hotel and bus pass. I know it's unorthodox but I was desperate. I felt Allegiant was at fault so I would have asked for compensation regardless.

9/21/2016 - I call Chase to have my payment to Allegiant reversed. The rep takes my claim information and a few minutes later $367.00 is placed into my account. I use some of it for a hotel.

9/22/2016 - I find that my account is overdrawn and there is no credit listed. I go to a Chase bank and the teller can not find any trace of a credit. I call Chase and am told that, unknowingly to me, the rep placed an ‘emergency memo credit’ on my account instead which literally disappears after midnight. This rep then places another ‘emergency memo credit’ for the remainder of the $367.00 which leaves my account negative 12am.

10/12/2016 - Chase finally does a real ‘reversal’ credit of my $367.00 ticket. My account is no longer negative

10/27/2016 - Chase does a $367.00 ‘claim reversal’ stating that “While we were researching your claim, we determined that your account already received a credit on 10/12/2016. We will remove the credit of $367.00.” My account is negative $367.00.

11/8/216 - I finally notice the overdraft. I call Chase and am told that the $367.00 credit was reversed because I had received two credits for $367. I tell the rep that I only truly received one true 'reversal' credit and one full ’emergency memo credit’ which over drafted out of my account. The rep confirms this and says that 10/27/16 ‘claim reversal’ decision was a mistake and that she would send it "upstairs" to have them look at it.

Dec 2016 - I call Chase Claims and am told that my claim was denied because Allegiant had fully provided expected services. I told her that the previous rep had said that my ‘claim reversal’ was a mistake. She confirmed this in the representative notes on my account but, said she did not know why. I did receive my flight and told Chase that yet they still had me file a claim only to deny me.

I am aware that I can not be compensated for a crappy time. However, I have read that I have the right to "withhold payment" if dissatisfied with the service or service is not delivered as agreed after making a good-faith effort with the merchant, which I have. Still, I know its a long shot. I have read that airlines are not legally obligated to provide accommodations for late flights but, the Allegiant rep did tell me that they would. It does seem that fighting Allegient would be an uphill battle. I am just wondering what my rights are.

HALP!

HALP!