Refound

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 13, 2020
My travel agent cancel my tickets before the 24 hours, they told us 24/48 hours to get a refound and nothing yet! When I’m going to get back the refound?

Jan 13, 2020
Travel agency! Ya we have 24 hours to cancel the tickets without penalty! They called air canada and they said 24/48 hours to get the refound! This was on Friday morning and until now I didn’t get anything

The law in US is 24 hour refund policy (or free hold) if the plane is booked 7 days or more in advance, some airlines use 7 days, some 2 days...
Give it some time tho, it mights take a few business days (or week). Did you get a confirmation email? Can you check on AirCanada with your booking confirmation to see if the flight still exists or has been canceled?

Jan 13, 2020
The law in US is 24 hour refund policy (or free hold) if the plane is booked 7 days or more in advance, some airlines use 7 days, some 2 days...
Give it some time tho, it mights take a few business days (or week). Did you get a confirmation email? Can you check on AirCanada with your booking confirmation to see if the flight still exists or has been canceled?
Ya it’s says canceled! When my travel agent go to see the flight show canceled

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Then ask you travel agent to see where the refund is. Because the airline didn’t charge your card and the agency did the refund is going to your agency, not directly to you, so they have to get the refund and then credit your card back. You need to give it a few extra days.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you cancelled on Friday afternoon and they told you it would take up to 2 days then you should wait out that amount of time before following up. Processing time are always quoted in business days, not calendars days. So the end of the second day would be end of day Tuesday (today).
And it still won’t go directly to the OP- it will go to the travel agency that’s charged her card. So she needs to wait for the agency to get the refund and then credit the money back to her- which will add more time.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Oh ok! So Friday doesn’t count! Let see by today night
Please understand you are not going to receive the refund directly from the airline because you didn’t pay them- you paid your agent. The agent will be the one receiving the refund and then they have to refund you- adding more time to the process. Please call your agent tomorrow if you don’t see anything to find out if the agency received any money.

Jan 13, 2020
Please understand you are not going to receive the refund directly from the airline because you didn’t pay them- you paid your agent. The agent will be the one receiving the refund and then they have to refund you- adding more time to the process. Please call your agent tomorrow if you don’t see anything to find out if the agency received any money.
My travel agent used my credit card to pay my ticket, I think the airline have to refound me

Jul 13, 2016
While it is true that you will receive the refund, it will take much longer than 24-48 hours. That is the processing time for the airline to determine you are due the refund. Then they send it over to your credit card company. Then the credit card company starts their process to determine if the refund is due. Then the refund has to be posted. If it misses your statement date, it may not appear until a second billing cycle. So it actually can take many weeks before you see your money.