RE: DOLLAR GENERAL BEAUTYBAG OFFER

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 24, 2019
Mr. Elliott: Please excuse the date on this as I work two (2) jobs between 6-7 days a week. I am sure it is too late to do anything about this, but I would like to let you know what happened to me. I have a copy of the ad which said that if you spend $10 on any Dove, Degree, TRESemme, Caress, or AXE products, you would receive $3.00 off of a $10.00 purchase. I downloaded the coupon from the Dollar General website and it was for $2.00, not $3.00. I also received acknowledgement that if I texted BEAUTYBAG to 34898 that I was to receive a "Beauty my way" bag which included samples and exclusive digital coupons. I asked the employees of at least three (3) local Dollar General stores of how to receive the bag, and none of them had ever seen the ad. The offer was valid between 2/17 and 3/17/19. After carefully reading directions, I had to download a registration form to receive the items. I did so, but when I sent it in, the company said that it had reached its limit of 75,000 entrants, so I could not get the bag. I have copies of the ad and registration if you need to see it.

I e-mailed Dollar General on or about March 11, 2019, and I received an e-mail from them saying they appreciate my e-mail and a customer service representative has received the e-mail. If your e-mail requires a reply, you will hear from us shortly. Thanks for contacting Dollar General Corporation. No person signed the e-mail. I have not heard from them since.

My desired resolution ideally would be to receive the Beauty my way bag and the samples and coupons along with an explanation as to what happened as to why I only received the $2.00, not $3.00 coupon.

The value of my claim in US dollars would be $7.00 and the bag and samples were to be free.

Thank you for any and all help!

Sep 19, 2015
The Beauty bag is a promotion run by Unilever and on the terms and conditions it states the 75,000 limit

“1. Promotion Timing: The Unilever Beauty My Way Bag Offer (the “Promotion”) begins February 17, 2019 and ends December 31, 2019 or when the supply of 75,000 offers are exhausted, whichever occurs first (the “Promotion Period”).”

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/pro-serv/rules/Dollar_General/DG_Dove_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf
https://www.dollargeneral.com/beautybag-welcome

Sometimes there are different coupons floating around — a mailed one may be more or less than online. Or they are targeted to different locations.

I do not think you will get the beauty bag 75000 people beat you too it and the limits were disclosed.