Questions about disputing damage claim

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Always nice to receive a reply which has little to do with your problem. Hertz did NOT do an inspection when you picked up the car; even worse, a Hertz employee told you the damage was already in the car's record. These bozos need to get their act together. I suspect the "Senior Leadership Team" is a couple of minimum-wage clerks who send out garbage like this. Don't forget that their plan is to wear you down so you go away. Once they understand that you're not going away, they will probably have a real person deal with your problem.

Oct 31, 2018
Thanks for the reply jsn55. :) I wonder though what else I can actually do. I've gone up the email chain all the way to the top, waiting a week in between. I emailed the final senior exec last Friday and got this reply Monday. I'm not sure what to do next?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Thanks for the reply jsn55. :) I wonder though what else I can actually do. I've gone up the email chain all the way to the top, waiting a week in between. I emailed the final senior exec last Friday and got this reply Monday. I'm not sure what to do next?
My expertise with rental car damages is little, but don't we advise that you present Hertz with a long list of items that you require in order to consider paying them for any damage you may have caused? Have they sent you all that? I'm just surprised because our method of dealing with these bogus rental car charges rarely fails.

Oct 31, 2018
jsn55 and Carrie, thanks for your replies. I got in touch with the advocacy help desk and they think I'd need an attorney at this stage. :( I will have to pay up unfortunately. I have learned my lesson and will be taking multiple photos and videos next time I pick up a rental car!

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the help; I really appreciate it. :)