Qatar Airways unfair treatment

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 10, 2018
Dear Sir / Madam,
I complained 2 times against allegedly a 5 star airlines which is called Qatar airways for the bad and unfair service I received from the airlines and its customer service personnel at Hamad airport but have not received any reply from them . I bought ticket from QR for the route from Erbil via Doha to London Heathrow, my Airline Reference number was Q 7MU4X (Ticket is attached) and shows
Erbil - Doha Flight number QR453 11:30AM arrives Doha 14:00PM on 04/08/2018 which I flew without any problem, but the second part of the flight which shows on Ticket
Doha – London Flight number QR5 which should have been 16:30 arrives London 22:00 on 04/08/2018 which did not went without problem.
When I approached Gate C6 to board the flight QR5, I was told by the boarding team that my flight number is QR15 and the flight departed already and I have to approach QR customer service desk to put me on the next available flight, her the problem started, the untrained team at Hamad airport were very rude like I have done this on purpose and asked me to pay but when I refused and asked to speak to the manager, the manager said the same, nothing can be done and I have to pay if I want to go out from Doha, when my daughter heard this she started crying and she was shaking because she thought we got stuck and cant get out of Doha. I tried to convince them that this is not my problem, the ticket has QR logo on it and I trusted the logo when I bought the ticket, therefore you have to sort this out but they insisted that this is my problem and asked me to contact the agent where I booked the ticket from to get this sorted or pay for new ticket. I contacted the agent in Erbil and he asked me to get a written confirmation from the QR team at the airport about what happen but both allegedly managers refused to write what happened or stamp on what happened, and when I asked them for their Business cards, the answer was, we don’t have business cards, eventually all what I got from them was their names and their employee ID numbers which were written by their hand writing on my old ticket (Nidheesh C.S 65206 and Nedem .J 38110) ( the copy of the ticket with their hand writing are attached to this email). They charged me 2880 QR with same booking reference number Q7MU4X and Ticket number 157-2357738425 and issued a new ticket which its flight number was QR9 on the 05/08/2018 at 01:50 which is 9 hours and 20 minutes later then my ticket without providing any food, accommodation nor showing any kind of sympathy at least because of my daughter. I have never faced such bad customer service from any airline and assure you that this is the last time I flew with QR and never fly with them again. I faced such bad service from the Head Quarter of QR wonder what would have happened if this would have happened in somewhere else and not the base of QR where they should have all their strength. If I knew that I will deal with this kind of untrained and arrogant people I would have bought ticket from another airline and not dealt with QR at all. I wonder if their staff have ever gone through CS training, and I am quite sure they have never attend any kind of CS training and they call their airlines 5 start airlines, how can an airlines be 5 start airlines without having trained staff and good Customer service personnel who can handle customers concerns in a professional way.

My question to the agent who solve this problem is

# QR staff in Doha asked me to sort my problem out with the QR agent I bought the ticket from which is in Iraq. Is it my problem if QR have IT problems in their system, you sort out my issue and sort out your internal problems yourselves, you cannot ask a customer in such situation to sort out the issue with your agent. To my knowledge as long as there is QR logo on the ticket, then the matter has to be solved by QR, if QR Doha differ from QR Iraq or UK, please let us know. Just for your information pizza shops provide better service than QR airways.
# QR staff refused to give me their business cards, allegedly both didn’t have business cards, the question here is, are business cards so expensive for QR not to provide their staff with business cards. They were not even putting name tag which a local pizza store or McDonalds staff put on.
# Both managers refused to provide me with a letter which tells what they told me verbally, allegedly they cannot provide any written letter, all what they did is giving me an email address to contact if there is anything required ( tell-us@qatarairways.com.qa).
# QR staff refused to provide me with accommodation despite having a problem which occurred because of their internal mistake and lack of internal communication.
# QR staff refused to provide any kind of food for me and my family during my stay at Hamad airport for almost 12 hours because QR’s mistake.
# despite telling the CS team that the tickets read QR airways and I bought the ticket because of their name but they insisted that this is not their issue and it is my issue and they can’t do anything and if I want to go out from Doha then I have to pay as this is the only option available.
Because of above, me and my family ended up staying at the airport for 12 hours rather than 2 hours and half and were exhausted and spent money on food.
I was unfairly charged under Ticket number 157-2357738425, receipts numbers Agency – 65875456 , 1010 QR+1010 QR+ 860 QR which make the total 2880QR.
They way I was treated by the staff and the ways they talked to me is not accepted and I am not happy at all, I call this robbery because they forced me to buy ticket twice for the same route. I want this matter to be solved ASAP and I have to get decent compensation and apology from QR.
My daughter was so sick and scared for the rest of the journey.
The agent in Erbil informed me that he cannot compensate me if I don’t get a written letter from QR about the mistake.
If this is not solved by QR ASAP, I have no other option but to go as far as I can to get this matter solved, all what I want is my right and not paying for QR’s mistake, if you want to do better business and grow then you have to treat people fairly and don’t robe them to grow.

Kind Regards

Belind Hussein

----- Forwarded message -----
To: abaker@qatarairways.com.qa <abaker@qatarairways.com.qa>; membersvc@qmiles.com <membersvc@qmiles.com>; qrmedia@qatarairways.com.qa <qrmedia@qatarairways.com.qa>; ocosteira@us.qatarairways.com<ocosteira@us.qatarairways.com >; nshaikh@qatarairways.com.qa <nshaikh@qatarairways.com.qa>; gsaurwein@us.qatarairways.com <gsaurwein@us.qatarairways.com >; EAmin@qatarairways.com.qa<EAmin@qatarairways.com.qa>
Sent: Wednesday, 10 October 2018, 13:28:21 GMT+3
Subject: Fw: Your Email has been received (case reference:   CAS-950084-Y0K3R7 ) CRM:0001000005170

Dear Qatar airways CEO and Qatar airways management team,

I have complained to Qatar airways on the 5/08/2018 and reminder was sent on the 16/08/2018 but the only thing I got was above reference number, I dont know how you consider yourselves as 5 star airlines if you dont solve my problem, I am really very upset from What the level of service I received from your ground team as well as from your online team. I think with the complaint reference number you can find out what my issue is. I know local pizza shops have better service than allegedly a 5 star airlines like you. can I please know when I can expect with the reply to my complaint.

Kind Regards

Belind Hussein

----- Forwarded message -----
To: tell-us@qatarairways.com.qa <tell-us@qatarairways.com.qa>
Sent: Thursday, 16 August 2018, 17:00:09 GMT+3
Subject: Re: Your Email has been received (case reference:   CAS-950084-Y0K3R7 ) CRM:0001000005170

Hi,

I am very upset for neglecting my complaint. Is this what you call it 5 stars servicr? I have no other option but to escalate it to a higher level.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I’m having a difficult time understanding exactly what happened. There are not attachments for me to see

Were your flights all on one PNR (ticket number) or did you buy several tickets?

What time was the flight from Doha to London scheduled to leave and what time did it actually leave to arrive so late?

Can you rewrite what happened to just the flights without all the other issues such as your daughter crying or trusting the logo?

If all the flights were on one PNR and one of them was late causing you to miss a connection, then the airline should have rebooked you at no charge.

We can’t tell what is going on with all the extra complaints in your letter.

Sep 19, 2015
I am afraid I also do not understand.

All the talk about business cards is distracting and pointless. I have never flown Qatar but I have yet to see business cards with the frontline staff at an airport. Why would they have them? No direct phone number no direct email. Execs yes, but ticketing and gate agents? They do not have a fixed desk. Why would they have business cards? Arguing such a peripheral point issue either at the airport or later gets you nowhere and distracts from the issue.

Is the agent you bought the ticket from a travel agent or was at Qatar’s office?

From what little I understand is that there was a ticketing problem.

Had you already been checked in on Qatar 5? For some reason you were moved to an earlier flight 15 which was missed? And then they made you buy a new ticket?

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2016
So your first segment, from Erbil to Doha was without incident and you arrived at Doha at 1400, intending to connect to QR5, departing at 1630. But gate agents say you were really scheduled for QR15 which departs at 1525.

Did you have your boarding passes for the Doha-London flight QR5? If yes, did you print them the night before or get them at the airport when checking in for the first flight Erbil to Doha?

We cannot see the attachments so we cannot see your boarding passes. Do they say QR 5 or QR15?

Have you checked your email (including the SPAM folder) to see if Qatar moved you and your daughter to the earlier flight?

If you do write again to the executives at Qatar air, you should leave out the complaints about the lack of food allowance and the business cards. Airline personnel do not have business cards--only executives. Because Qatar believes this to be your fault, they did not provide any food vouchers. Also, I would not mention you daughter's emotional upset. It will not strengthen your case, and just makes the letter longer and harder to read.

Oct 10, 2018
I’m having a difficult time understanding exactly what happened. There are not attachments for me to see

Were your flights all on one PNR (ticket number) or did you buy several tickets?

What time was the flight from Doha to London scheduled to leave and what time did it actually leave to arrive so late?

Can you rewrite what happened to just the flights without all the other issues such as your daughter crying or trusting the logo?

If all the flights were on one PNR and one of them was late causing you to miss a connection, then the airline should have rebooked you at no charge.

We can’t tell what is going on with all the extra complaints in your letter.
Dear Sir / Madam.
I bought Ticket from QR (Ticket No. Q7MU4X) Ticket is attached for below flight
QR 453 Erbil to Doha 11:35 on the 4/Aug
QR 5 Doha to London 16:30 on the 4/Aug
I did request the QR 5 to have some transit time because I travel with my family and wanted to do some shopping at the airport
When I checked in at the origin, the staff put me on below flights without mentioning that my flight number is changed.
QR 453 Erbil to Doha which is same as my ticket.
But Doha to London, I was put on flight QR 15 which was 15:15 on the same day.
When I arrived Doha, I was very relaxed went to do some shopping and when I approached the gate to board QR 5, I was told that I missed my flight and I should have gone on the previous flight which was QR 15. When they checked my boarding pass, it was written QR 15 but on my ticket the flight number was QR5.
They refused to argue with me and sent me to QR customer service at Hamad airport which I had the worst experience in my life.
All what they were saying that my ticket is not genuine ticket and I missed my flight and I have to pay to board the next flight. Despite my insistence that I should have gone on QR 5 and I wanted that flight but they told me to sort out my issues with the agent i bought the ticket from.
They were unprofessional, very rude when my daughter heard them telling me that I got stuck she started crying and shaking because she is 8 years old and she thought that is it.
I bought new tickets from them which they said I cannot board the aircraft without buying a new ticket.
I told them pls contact your agent and sort this out but they refused to do so. They didn’t have name tag neither Business card and also refused to give me any kind of proof of the reason why they don’t let me to board QR 5.
All what I managed to get from them is their name which they wrote it with their own hand wrtting on the ticket which is attached to this email.
I had to pay to board the next flight which was QR009 on the 05/08/2018 at 01:50 which was almost more than 9 hours after my original flight.
I had to suffer all this because of the unprofessional work they did.
The agent in Erbil apologized for the mistake and refunded the money of the flight QR009 but I am not happy with this outcome.
I want the following
  • An Official apology from QR.
  • A compensation for the 9:20 which I spent at the airport for their mistake.
  • Refund of all my expenses at the airport during my stay.

Sep 19, 2015
Thank you for the clarification.

This is what I now understand has happened.

You booked and had confirmation for

QR 453 11:35 departure to Doha arrive 14:00

QR 5 depart 16:30

You check in and given boarding passes for

QR 453

And

QR 15 which departs 15:15

The airline does not tell you that you are rebooked on an earlier flight and you do not notice it on the boarding pass. You are looking at the original confirmation that has QR 5.

You spend time shopping at the airport and then go to board QR 5. The boarding passes are not for QR 5 but for 15 which has already departed.

Anecdotally people report that QR does change flights on people when the airline has changed equipment and passengers find out either by email or at check in.

You were not told and went by the itinerary.

QR should have told you. You should have also looked at the boarding passes.

I think you need to change your tactics and tone.
Demanding an official apology, compensation for your time, etc is off putting.

You got the money for the flight the next day refunded which is good.

You will not be paid for your time.

All you may get is a “sorry you were not happy and did not look at your boarding pass” email type of apology.

Exactly how much money was spent at the airport?

At most you may get some miles.

Sep 19, 2015
And if the Agent in Erbil made a mistake in giving you a confirmation for QR 5 or not notifying you that there was a change to QR 15 that is between you and the agent.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
ADVOCATE ADVICE
As we see from this post, travellers need to check everything about their trip over and over. You cannot trust airline people to "get it right" every time, you have to review it all on a regular basis. And if the airline makes any kind of change, you need to be twice as aggressive checking your details. Nobody will take as good care of your trip as you will.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
So they gave you a refund for the flights - so you basically flew for free? That was actually more than they had do if that’s what happened.

If the refunded the flights, that was a good will gesture for their screw up.

I don’t see them having to pay for whatever you spent at the airport. I would have asked them to give you use of their airport lounge for the time you were there
when they rebooked your flights. That was the least they could do.

You can use our company contacts and request points for a future flights but I wouldnt demand an apology or reimbursement for what you spent- if you ask for outrageous things, they will disregard your letter the altogether.

Read the information on the main Company Contacts Page on how to write and then start your campaign. Let us know how you make out.

Sep 19, 2015
Neil my understanding is that the OP was only reimbursed for second ticket for the rebooked flight and not for the one they missed— so they did not fly for free, but were delayed an extra 9 hours at the airport.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Neil my understanding is that the OP was only reimbursed for second ticket for the rebooked flight and not for the one they missed— so they did not fly for free, but were delayed an extra 9 hours at the airport.
Then I misunderstood what was written.

Then they can write and ask for something more reasonable. They can ask for anything but if it’s too outrageous we know from being here long enough if they ask for too much the letters get disregarded.

Sep 19, 2015
Then I misunderstood what was written.

Then they can write and ask for something more reasonable. They can ask for anything but if it’s too outrageous we know from being here long enough if they ask for too much the letters get disregarded.
At least that is how I read it, as QR had the OP as a no-show . The agent who booked the flights refunded the second flight —