Qatar Airways Ignorance and refusal

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 18, 2019
On 30 March 2019, I arrived at Adana airport via doha from Delhi my bag never arrived, Qatar knew my ticket was seaman ticket and I confirmed c]bag at doha also which they said its loaded, Qatar Airways delayed my bag, I had to join ship as ship was to depart in 2 hours, bag never arrived in adana , I joined ship without anything and sailed out for next port Sicily, my medicines my hard disk and laptop charger as well as all other items were in bag, I suffered bad health at work and also lost work due to non availability of data and resources, I got baggage from far away cabana airport by paying 230 euro to Milazzo and also spent use 175 to buy basic stuff on board ship.
I came home on 10 April 2019 and due to missed blood pressure and cholesterol medicine in previous days I was hospitalised on 20th till 25th and now on complete rest and was diagnosed with some serious issues. CHD

even my bag had a hole below when received and pictures were sent to them same day

plenty emails and phones done to Qatar they only agree to pay 175 USD plus 202 USD for transportation thats all. and straight forward told me to go ahead to escalate matter if I like to.

I have lost my work for next 3 months minimum, I lost my health and mental harassment was top of the house. I make around 400 use per day with 15-20 day per month working, now I am jobless due to these ruthless airlines

can u help me?

I need compensation for my lost health, my hospital bills, my damaged bag, my mental harassment, my loss of work days for at least 2 months

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? 10000

Date of transaction/travel date: 03/30/2019

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You should never pack medicines or electronic items in checked luggage, they should always be in a carry on. You are going to have a hard time getting compensation due to that.

Their terms state most of this:

“You must not include in Checked Baggage fragile or perishable items, money, jewellery, precious metals, computers, personal electronic devices, negotiable papers, securities, or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents or samples”

Prescriptions are other valuables. If you travel for work, this is something that you should have been aware of. Why didn’t you see a doctor when you arrived to get your meds re-issued?

You should be reimbursed for expenses of anything you had to buy to tide you over until your bag was found and the transportation to pick up the bag but you cannot blame the airline for your health or losing your job because you didn’t put your meds in your carry on or you didn’t go to an ER once the bag was missing to replace the meds.

We have company contacts on top of our page under airlines for Quatar you can write to but I am not optimistic you will get anything else beyond what they gave you.

May 18, 2019
You should never pack medicines or electronic items in checked luggage, they should always be in a carry on. You are going to have a hard time getting compensation due to that.

Their terms state most of this:

“You must not include in Checked Baggage fragile or perishable items, money, jewellery, precious metals, computers, personal electronic devices, negotiable papers, securities, or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents or samples”

Prescriptions are other valuables. If you travel for work, this is something that you should have been aware of. Why didn’t you see a doctor when you arrived to get your meds re-issued?

You should be reimbursed for expenses of anything you had to buy to tide you over until your bag was found and the transportation to pick up the bag but you cannot blame the airline for your health or losing your job because you didn’t put your meds in your carry on or you didn’t go to an ER once the bag was missing to replace the meds.

We have company contacts on top of our page under airlines for Quatar you can write to but I am not optimistic you will get anything else beyond what they gave you.

thank you for much needed reply, I was actually confused how to act now, however I even offered them if they could clear my hospital and medical bills only but they did not accept. my bag was delayed for 6 days, adana there was no time to see a doctor due to shortage of time as ship departing.

thanks anyways

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
What an awful experience, I'm so sorry you have to learn the facts of flying in such a painful way. When you pack a bag to check with an airline, be prepared to never see it again. Anything that you can't replace at a pharmacy or a clothing store needs to be in your carryon. You cannot expect an airline to compensate you for health issues, lost work, mental stress or anything other than the cost of the goods in the bag. They'll reimburse you according to their policies. I'm sorry we have to convey this information to you.

Mar 29, 2016
On US Flag commercial vessels, the ship owner is responsible by law for "maintenance and cure" ( lost wages and medical care) if a seaman is injured or falls ill while in the service of the vessel. Check the maritime laws where your ship is registered for any options there.