Pushing CDW at Budget, Reagan National

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 31, 2015
My wife and I have rented cars from Budget at this location several times over the past few years. Reserved thru Hotwire, Priceline and got the best rates from Budget. Always declined collision damage waiver since we get a much better deal thru our credit card company. Every time we went to pick up the car they would ask me to sign a document acknowledging the rate/fees etc. The amount would be much higher than what was quoted online. When questioned, the response would be "Oh, it includes CDW". When I asked to take it off the hard sell would start. Caveat emptor.

Grant Ritchie

Dependable adequacy :-)
Oct 1, 2014
My wife and I have rented cars from Budget at this location several times over the past few years. Reserved thru Hotwire, Priceline and got the best rates from Budget. Always declined collision damage waiver since we get a much better deal thru our credit card company. Every time we went to pick up the car they would ask me to sign a document acknowledging the rate/fees etc. The amount would be much higher than what was quoted online. When questioned, the response would be "Oh, it includes CDW". When I asked to take it off the hard sell would start. Caveat emptor.
Amen!

B

bodega3

This isn't anything new. In Hawaii, they passed a law to keep the rental car companies from their high pressure pitch as the counter agents get a commission off what they sell.

If you use Budget a lot, why not join their frequent renter program so you by pass the counter, saving you a bunch of time and hassle, and your wishes are noted in your profile on what insurances, if any you want to take out with each rental?

Last edited by a moderator: