Pure talkusa

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 11, 2019
I canceled pure talkUSA phone service with them on July 5, 2019. I forgot to inquire about the refund until today the 11th. I was told that they don't prorate services. Is there anyway to get around this? I could really use the money.

Jul 13, 2016
You need to check your contract or terms and conditions to determine what was the last day to cancel service before the new billing cycle began. If you billing cycle was July 1-31, then you have to pay for all of July, even though you canceled the service on the 5th. You should also verify with the company that your service has ended and that you will not be billed again.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Unfortunately their terms say there is no proration of fees:

Payment for all charges is made in advance and there is no proration of such charges.”

TERMINATION: Either party may terminate this Agreement (which will terminate the provision of the Service) at any time on advance notice to the other party. Funds deposited into your account via any method will not be refunded.

https://www.puretalkusa.com/terms

Feb 16, 2018
The terms of service with Pure Talk USA state:

TERMINATION: Either party may terminate this Agreement (which will terminate the provision of the Service) at any time on advance notice to the other party. Funds deposited into your account via any method will not be refunded.

You may write to them and ask for arbitration, as was agreed to in your terms of service.

May 7, 2019
Unfortunately their terms say there is no proration of fees:

Payment for all charges is made in advance and there is no proration of such charges.”

https://www.puretalkusa.com/terms
Yes, that is the typical termination provision for all mobile carriers. You tend to get a nasty surprise when you terminate.