Purchased Giftcard in Store -> used on Amazon.com -> Adress Verification

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 16, 2019
So I made my first Amazon purchase today, I didnt want to put my credit card anywhere online.
Went to a store and purchased a giftcard, then I used it on the Item that I wanted to buy.

Now im locked out of my Account and they are asking me for a statement of my payment card including billing adress

Anyone got a idea on how I can get my account unlocked and receive my item?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
They reserve the right to ask for more identification from you to use the gift card. They are having tremendous problems with fraud and their terms allow them to request more information from you to validate the card. From their website:

The Amazon.com Conditions of Use apply. No fees apply to Gift Cards. We reserve the right to require additional verification of your identity, Gift Card or account ownership, or provision of an additional payment instrument, before you are able to apply a Gift Card to your account or your Amazon.com Balance to a purchase. When you purchase, receive, or apply a Gift Card to your account, or your Amazon.com Balance to a purchase, you agree that the laws of the State of Washington, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these terms and conditions and any dispute that may arise between you and ACI Gift Cards LLC, and its affiliates related to your use of a Gift Card or your Amazon.com Balance. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions without notice, from time to time at our sole discretion. All terms and conditions are applicable to the extent permitted by law. If any of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that unenforceable term will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining terms and conditions.

Send them a copy of the receipt for the gift card and something to verify your identity and address.