Priority Pass

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Priority Pass is an independent entity who allows you to use certain airport lounges and some airport bars/restaurants without being actually qualified through that airline. A great many credit card issuers have been doling out PP as a perk over the last few years. I think I probably have 5 PP cards (which is amusing, since lounges don't do much for me). Lately there's some backlash with the resulting over-crowding and space limitations. I think they're a savvy bunch, tho, and probably will figure it out pretty soon.

As far as reaching them, Ctutman, put in a request to our research guy.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
My experience is that my PP basically is worthless due to signs outside of clubs you should be able to enter say “closed to PP due to blah blah blah”

Jun 24, 2019
We had priority pass and gave it up. In Vienna we got misdirected multiple times, and the lounge turned out to be in a different t terminal. In two other places, we ran into space limitations as described above.

Apr 1, 2018
I've had pretty good luck with Priority Pass. I get it as a benefit from one of my premium credit cards. The lounges I've used in Taipei and Hanoi were fantastic. Others like Barcelona, Paris are so-so. I was recently in the international terminal at SFO and while the Air France lounge is part of the PP network there, they handed me a slip of paper and had me go to the Air China lounge, which was just so-so.

Still, I value having some food to nibble, drinks, WiFi and, often, a more comfortable and relaxing experience waiting in an airport lounge and not at the gate.

Nov 27, 2019
Went to the club at mco with wife and 2 kids, 5 and 7. Wife and I both have multiple memberships through different cards. We both had our cards out but they said they only needed mine. Unknown to me was that they put 3 guests on my card and then charged me $32 for my third guest since I am only allowed two. I had wrongly assumed they were just not going to charge one of my children. Have tried to explain the situation through both phone and emails and am running into a brick wall.

Aug 30, 2015
Went to the club at mco with wife and 2 kids, 5 and 7. Wife and I both have multiple memberships through different cards. We both had our cards out but they said they only needed mine. Unknown to me was that they put 3 guests on my card and then charged me $32 for my third guest since I am only allowed two. I had wrongly assumed they were just not going to charge one of my children. Have tried to explain the situation through both phone and emails and am running into a brick wall.
I think the problem is that whenever you have guests, you have to be the primary. I don't see any problem with how they did it.

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
I think the problem is that whenever you have guests, you have to be the primary. I don't see any problem with how they did it.
I may be mistaken, Bill, but my reading of that is that if the lounge had not stated incorrectly that the limit for "free" guests was only two, they could have split the "guests" between the cards and not paid the $32. If that is the case, then it is a problem.

Aug 30, 2015
I may be mistaken, Bill, but my reading of that is that if the lounge had not stated incorrectly that the limit for "free" guests was only two, they could have split the "guests" between the cards and not paid the $32. If that is the case, then it is a problem.
There are various plans. Ours allows for so many visits per year and then they charge a fee per visit, so if my wife doesn't have her card available, which is often the case, I get dinged for two out of my quota. In the case of what you're referring to, they need a valid boarding pass and a membership card to admit the member, then they need a vaid boarding pass for each guest. If the member pulls out a second priority pass card, their boarding pass is already used up on the first one and therefore they don't have a valid boarding pass to use on the second priority pass card. It is not, to my knowledge, designed so that one can use multiple memberships to admit guests at one instance. I don't think they are able to split the guests. This is not something I would bother pursuing.

Aug 30, 2015
There are various plans. Ours allows for so many visits per year and then they charge a fee per visit, so if my wife doesn't have her card available, which is often the case, I get dinged for two out of my quota. In the case of what you're referring to, they need a valid boarding pass and a membership card to admit the member, then they need a vaid boarding pass for each guest. If the member pulls out a second priority pass card, their boarding pass is already used up on the first one and therefore they don't have a valid boarding pass to use on the second priority pass card. It is not, to my knowledge, designed so that one can use multiple memberships to admit guests at one instance. I don't think they are able to split the guests. This is not something I would bother pursuing.
Okay, I reread and I was wrong. My responses are therefore wrong. The Priority Pass Lounge should have taken the husband's card with one guest and the wife's card with one guest. The person at the lounge was wrong and this should be corrected. My advice to the OP is, to NOT accept when they do this in the future, and do not sign. The husband should come up with one child, sign in with his card, then the wife should "arrive" and sign in with her card and one guest. Appear as two groups. This way the attendant has not the opportunity to do this the incorrect way. I apologize for missing a key point in the first post.

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
On a related note to any passenger using the lounges. If your flight is delayed, be sure to watch the monitors for a time change. This is easily overlooked and you could end up being late for your flight if they move up the departure time. Especially if the lounge is a ways away from the gate . . .

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
According to the terms and conditions- it’s the customers responsibility to ensure they are charged properly:

“When entering with multiple Customers, it is each Customer’s responsibility to ensure they are not charged for guests who may hold their own Program membership.It is advised that each Customer show the staff their Priority Pass Card and sign their Record of Visit separately.”

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
According to the terms and conditions- it’s the customers responsibility to ensure they are charged properly:

“When entering with multiple Customers, it is each Customer’s responsibility to ensure they are not charged for guests who may hold their own Program membership.It is advised that each Customer show the staff their Priority Pass Card and sign their Record of Visit separately.”
Good find, Neil, and they did just that:

"We both had our cards out but they said they only needed mine"​

So they were told otherwise by the lounge . . .

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com

Yet they should have known the rules and insisted on using two cards. I absolutely think they should contact the company and request a refund but that might be what the company comes back with.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This is such a perfect example of the need for "standing up for yourself" when travelling. I never expect a minimum-wage person to have much knowledge at all. I research (yes, every single trip) the lounges available, the locations, and the rules thereto. Then I can gently say "Why dont you charge me for Johnny and my wife for Susie?". Expecting these people to know the rules is bit much I think ... maybe this is why I generally have positive travels, I expect little!

Nov 27, 2019
It was a situation where I was definitely aware of the rules but in the moment thought it would be fine. I thought after carefully explaining the situation and asking for a small goodwill gesture I could change their minds but the call center was almost rude in their response of no. I was never able to speak to anyone who seemed to truly understand what I was saying which is why I was trying to get a bit higher up in the chain. Worst case I’ve definitely learned for next time and hope others will be more careful than I was.

Aug 30, 2015

Theydo make you sign for the number of guests. The point is, when the lounge is wrong, tell them that's not the way to do it. I have not, to my knowledge, signed anything that I knew was wrong. If I were in this situation, I would have said "No", and I would have had them do it the other way. I would not have signed anything which had three guests on it.

Nov 27, 2019
When you sign it’s a tiny pad with nothing really on it. If the charge had come through to my card immediately instead of 6 days later I also could’ve remedied the problem immediately.