Princess Cruises Jobs

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 11, 2018
I've been applying for jobs at Princess Cruises for 3 years now. I'm MORE THAN QUALIFIED! I've had two interviews with them that went great (at least so I thought) and now I apply and I get an immediate NO! I've redone my resume and everything...its ALWAYS NO! I feel discriminated against. Has anyone else experienced this?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
What position are you applying for and what makes you think you are more than qualified?

I am not sure why you would think you are discriminated against when cruise lines have the most diverse employees in the world throughout their fleet.

May 11, 2018
Because of my education and work history and skills to back it up! I've applied for Customer Service, thinking I could work my way up and I've applied for Admin positions. I applied for 5 more different positions today! I said I FELT discriminated againt...never said they ARE. They won't give me a chance. I keep trying though...along with other positions elsewhere. Job market is tough.

Apr 3, 2016
Cruise ship companies have a very extreme interview process due to the nature of the jobs. The hours are long, time off is minimal, staff is away from home/friends for long period, ship quarters are small, etc. It takes a specific type of person/personality to work on a ship.

Does it have to be Princess Cruises?
If you think you qualify to work for a cruise company and Princess Cruises is not responding positively to you, you might want to apply to another of the cruise companies - such as Norwegian or Royal Caribbean. You could also try Carnival or Holland America, but they are both owned by the same parent company as Princess Cruises.

Mar 14, 2018
Most companies don't reconsider a resume every time it's submitted. Once they've gone through the interview process and decided you're not a good fit for the company, they wont spend the time looking again. They can flag this in their application management systems, which is why you're getting an immediate "no".

I agree with Razilo--time to try a different cruise line.

Last edited:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
So you are looking for a job in their offices in the US and not on a ship? If you are looking for a job on a ship- they usually start promoting from within and you work your way up, starting in housekeeping.

You salary requirements might also be an issue. Did they tell you what starting salaries are? People from other countries will accept a lot less money to do a job than an American.

Unfortunately the job market is tough everywhere and cruise lines are no different. Is there a reason you are focusing on Princess or a cruise line in particular?

Do you speak any other languages? That is a must when for working at any cruise line. Folks that can speak multiple languages are highly sought after, especially in Customer Service because of the diversity of passengers. Those that are multi- lingual are the ones that will have a easier time getting a job.

Carol Phillips

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 28, 2014
Coastal South Carolina
Many times, to be considered for Customer Service or an Admin position, the applicant needs to have worked his/her way up in the cruise line ... so that they have a full background and knowledge for these "people" positions. I know for a fact that Holland America is hiring for telephone reservation agents. They have training classes from time to time. You learn SO much about the ships, itineraries, and policies if you're in Reservations. I'd suggest considering something like this.