Princess Cruise Cancelation Refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 13, 2021
I paid Prestige Cruises, a travel agency (Phone # 702-946-8721) $200.00 deposit on 06/07/20 (for a Princess Cruise seven-day cruise, scheduled to depart on 01/03/21), and a final payment of $1557.70 on 11/03/20. The cruise was canceled by Princess Cruises on 11/20/20. I have yet to receive the refund for monies deposited.

Jan 13, 2021
Who charged your credit card? Princess or Prestige? If Princess charged, the agency simply has to request a refund from Princess. If the agency did- they have to request the refund and then refund you.
Princess charged my credit card. The agency says Princess will refund in 60 - 90 days, I assume from 11/20/20, when the cruise was canceled.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
As my colleagues have pointed out, this sounds like a communication issue. Please let us know what actions have been taken since the cancellation of the cruise by Princess. If everything's in order, then your refund should be in the works from Princess to the TA, thence to you. Travel provider refunds can take many months, there's not a lot of cash left after all these months of little revenue but continued operating expenses.

Reactions: VoR61