Priceline

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 25, 2018
I was not told that my reservation could not be changed: when I needed to change it, I was charged the full amount as a penalty.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
We are going to need some more details from you. What were the terms of the reservation? Where and for when was the reservation and when was it booked? Priceline has different terms for different offers. I'm sure my colleagues will come along with some additional questions.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Can you post a copy of the confirmation you received when you booked? The least expensive tickets are always non refundable and non changeable but many can be changed for free within 24 hours.

What airline, what dates and where were you flying to and from and how much did the original ticket cost? We can recreate the booking and see what it says.

Feb 25, 2018
On Feb. 11th, I had called what I thought was the Drury Hotels to make a reservation for a room at the Col. Springs Hotel for Feb. 22-26. The person who answered the telephone just said "Reservations," and not "Priceline/Get-a-room. She booked the reservation, but would not use AAA or AARP discounts which the hotel had used before. I was told that the reservation was nonrefundable. When I called the Hotel to change the dates to March 8-12, (my bereaved friend couldn't have me that weekend) I was informed that I had used a third-party, and therefore, the hotel could not change the dates for me!! That was the first I knew that I had not dealt directly with the Drury Hotels!! When I contacted Priceline/Get-a-Room by phone and email, I was told that it was non-changeable. I had not been told that when making the reservation. I would like to get my $551 reimbursed. I am willing to pay a penalty, but not the full amount of the reservation. Can you help me? Thanks so much! Mary

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If they told you the reservation was non refundable, apparently they meant it. What does the confirmation say that you received via email? It seems from what you say that they clearly told you it was nonrefundable - the confirmation should have stated it as well.

Feb 25, 2018
Thank you for your responses...yes, I was told it was nonrefundable, but never told non-changeable. Anyone know the company contacts? I did speak to a supervisor and emailed with a rep called Jonathan.

Jan 6, 2015
At the top of this page there is a link to Elliott's Company Contacts database.
Please read the instructions on the first page before proceeding to locate the contacts for Priceline.

Last edited:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Sorry, VoR61, I don't see the company contacts anywhere. Neil, are you offering to be my Advocate? Mary
Mary, the way they forums work is that we give you the tools to effectively bring your case to the supplier to try to get it resolved on your own. If it doesn’t work, if the writers think they can help they may get involved.

Our company contacts under travel agencies give you the emails to start writing to and a step by step guide - first write to customer service, give them a week to reply and move up one executive at a time.

I am really not sure what they can do for you because they told you it was nonrefundable but you might be able to ask them to change your dates.

Mar 17, 2015
I also want to point out to be very polite and admit the error as in hotel terms, non refundable means you are stuck with the dates you picked, not that you can change the dates to another time. Most hotels offer lower rates if you lock in your date and purchase a non refundable rate. I do think it was deceptive if they did not identify themselves as Priceline reservations, instead of just reservations, which is how I think a hotel would answer, not a third party site. However, in attempting to get a refund, you should be as polite and kind as possible in your correspondence, so as not to offend the employee on the other side. Good luck!

Feb 25, 2018
Well, The issue has finally been resolved!! My credit card was refunded today. thank you all for your helpful suggestions. BTW, the problem really lay with Priceline's affiliate, Get-A-Room.