Priceline Refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 7, 2018
I booked on Priceline a hotel for two nights. I had a family emergency cone up and had to check out because my dad was rushed to the hospital by ambulance. I have tried contacting Priceline and they have contacted the hotel which is not allowing an exception to their refund policy

technomage1

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
Unfortunately with a deep discount site hotels are usually unwilling to flex on non refundable reservations. You can email the hotel manager yourself and politely beg, but chances are you won’t be successful.

You may have better luck asking for credit for a nights stay in the future.

I would suggest booking direct next time and using Priceline or other OTAs as a search engine.

Sep 19, 2015
How many nights did you stay? The problem with a last minute cancellation is that the room was likely empty after you left. Was there any travel insurance? as Technomage1 wrote, deeply discounted rates are rarely eligible for a refund. That is just the nature of the system and why people buy insurance. Was there any travel insurance on the credit card used?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you booked a nonrefundable rate, you are probably out of luck. As my colleagues have said - last minute bookings are usually booked in the penalty phase.

You can try to use our company contacts to contact Priceline Executives and see if they can do anything but it is up to the hotel.

Contact your credit card company and see if they have any travel insurance on your card you used to book the hotel. Otherwise you need insurance to be reimbursed.