PriceLine Hotel Refund Dispute

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sorry for the confusion. I will try to clarify. On 7/17 a staff person from PL Corp office emailed me after receiving the complaint I filed with BBB of CT. In part that 7/17 emailed stated (verbatim)...we further researched your concern and verified that your case is still pending and will not close officially until August 8 2017. We will be unable to reinstate your reservation; however, once your dispute is closed, we will further research your issue to see is a resolution is possible.Thank you for contacting us. I appreciate your patience while we continue to work to resolve your issue."

On 7/27 the BBB of CT answered my compliant by quoting what they were told by PL... "we have reached out directly to the customer regarding this case. We will provide a refund once the dispute is closed by the bank"

On 7/28 I wrote back to the PL staff person who communicated with me on 7/17. I inquired as follows:...
1) What is the date that YOUR bank will close the dispute?
2) When will I or my credit card company receive the disputed amount-$285.87- from PL?

My email to PL has never been responded to.My credit card on-line statement doesnt show a credit from PL.

I hope this helps

As I said before the BBB is a useless organization. You may be having to go to small claims court.I still suggest filing a complaint with your State Attorney General. They have more power than the BBB.
I havent forgotten your sage advise, Neil. Your suggestions as well as other options will be pursued. PL has until 9-13 to credit my account.

I havent been called PITBULL for nothing! :)

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It sounds to me like what they are saying is they want you to cancel your dispute and they will refund you.

You still have the dispute open with your cc company, correct? Don't close the dispute. That answer isn't satisfactory from them. If you win the dispute you'll get your money back from the cc company.

Nov 14, 2016
It sounds to me like what they are saying is they want you to cancel your dispute and they will refund you.

You still have the dispute open with your cc company, correct? Don't close the dispute. That answer isn't satisfactory from them. If you win the dispute you'll get your money back from the cc company.
The dispute with the bank was resolved in PL's favor in June per his original post. The OP went for the nuclear option and it backfired.

Traveler, have you followed up in the last couple of weeks with PL? Sending one email in mid-July while it was in the midst of bank transfers and current statements may have not been enough time to get this resolved. And if it wasn't resolved at that point, it was likely set aside and forgotten. Never subscribe to malice what incompetence easily explains. :) But since you're getting no action from that email, I'd send a politely-worded email to their customer care with the attachment regarding the refund again and then follow up after 48 hours. If you don't hear anything in a week, send the same information to the first PL contact on this website. Wait a week and follow up with the 2nd, if necessary. If you have a promise of a refund in writing, I don't see where there is much question here. Keep us updated.

Note that they legally could have kept your money. To win a cc dispute you really need to be sure that you're in the right and that you have sufficient evidence that you tried to work with the company before initiating the dispute. Losing one really puts someone behind the 8-Ball.

Last edited:
I am overjoyed to let everyone know that PL refunded the entire amount of what was in dispute. I received an email from them on 8-29 announcing their decision and I waited until I saw it on my bank ledger, which was today. Again thanks to everyone for your suggestions and support. And thank you to Chris Elliott and his wonderful team of advocates.
Bev