Positive experience with Allianz Global Assistance

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 13, 2018
Hi there:

I had a positive experience with Allianz Global Assistance that I wanted to share. jetBlue canceled a flight and rebooked me for two evenings later (they had only one nightly, departing flight). Arriving at my destination two days later wasn't a viable option, so I purchased another plane ticket for a departure the next morning and booked a hotel near the airport for the night. Fortunately, I purchased travel insurance with Allianz Global Assistance. I immediately filed a claim upon returning home. I was asking for $362 (difference in ticket price -jetBlue did refund my ticket -- and hotel). While Allilance didn't specifically reimburse the hotel, they did pay $350, which is the trip interruption limit. I did everything on the web, and Allianz was incredibly professional and fast in reviewing and paying my claim. I probably could have done more with jetBlue, but I am very happy with the overall outcome.

Larry Lindamore

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
These are the stories we like to hear.

However I am curious why they didn’t pay for a hotel. Was this a flight returning home? I have found this falls under trip delay and that if you call the insurance company before you book a hotel when there is a travel delay, they tell you how much they will reimburse you for.

Did you file a claim for the hotel as well?

Mar 13, 2018
Hi Neil:

My trip interruption was for the outbound portion. I submitted a single claim for both the hotel and difference in airfare. The reason they declined the hotel portion was my home was within a 100-mile radius of the hotel . (Note: I was already at the airport when I learned of the cancelation, and, given the lateness of the hour, I wasn't going to take public transit back home and then take public transit back to the airport early the next morning for a 7 a.m. flight.) I didn't think to call Alliance before making and paying the hotel reservation. By that time, I was too exhausted. Imagine my surprise as Alliance did pay $350, which was their limit for trip interruption. Overall, I was out only $12. I consider myself happy.

Larry

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Hi there:

I had a positive experience with Allianz Global Assistance that I wanted to share. jetBlue canceled a flight and rebooked me for two evenings later (they had only one nightly, departing flight). Arriving at my destination two days later wasn't a viable option, so I purchased another plane ticket for a departure the next morning and booked a hotel near the airport for the night. Fortunately, I purchased travel insurance with Allianz Global Assistance. I immediately filed a claim upon returning home. I was asking for $362 (difference in ticket price -jetBlue did refund my ticket -- and hotel). While Allilance didn't specifically reimburse the hotel, they did pay $350, which is the trip interruption limit. I did everything on the web, and Allianz was incredibly professional and fast in reviewing and paying my claim. I probably could have done more with jetBlue, but I am very happy with the overall outcome.

Larry Lindamore
Well done, Larry, and thanks so much for letting us know. You extricated yourself out of a mess and only spent $12!