Poor Magic Jack customer service

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
I was having difficulty using Magic Jack via my computer. After about 20 minutes, someone from the chat room began asking me to identify myself. I gave them all the information and was told I don't exist - that I needed to update my information. I did so and copied it to the rep. She still can't find me, can't transfer me, can't tell me who has my number. Finally I hang up and contact my computer guy. After one hour of fruitless online chatting, I got a three word fix: restart your computer. It worked. I just want to know why some companies make it so difficult to get help.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I was having difficulty using Magic Jack via my computer. After about 20 minutes, someone from the chat room began asking me to identify myself. I gave them all the information and was told I don't exist - that I needed to update my information. I did so and copied it to the rep. She still can't find me, can't transfer me, can't tell me who has my number. Finally I hang up and contact my computer guy. After one hour of fruitless online chatting, I got a three word fix: restart your computer. It worked. I just want to know why some companies make it so difficult to get help.
Rozanne, I think you're expecting service and help from an entity who has no ability to deliver that. They are not being difficult, they're just not in the business of helping you with your computer.
FOR OUR OTHER READERS I have extricated myself from a hundred electronic technical issues by unplugging, waiting and plugging back in. This seems to work with nearly anything digital. With a computer, of course, you shut it down properrly and reboot it.