Points to miles transfer to miles and smiles takes already 4 months

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 9, 2019
I made a points to miles transfer from Marriott hotels to Turkish airlines Miles and Smiles program. The points I earned with all my previous hotelstays. I transferred 240000 marriott rewards points into 80000 miles and 20000 bonus miles. Those miles should have appeared on my miles and smiles account beginning of januari. The 20000 appeared but the 80000 didn’t appear at all. I’m already 2,5 months in contact with Turkish Airlines and Marriott, several mails and calls, to finally get those miles there, but without a result. Marriott send me documents on which is mentioned that they did what they had to do and the transfer has been done, they say it’s turkish airlines fault the miles are not there. Turkish Airlines didn’t do anything this far then telling me I’ve to be patient, but their normal respond time is seven days and I’m waiting 2.5 months. 2 days ago I got in touch with Marriott again, I should have got a solution in 24 hours, still waiting however. The corresponding value of 80000 miles is 2400 USD. I only want the miles to be on my miles and smiles account and if that’s not possible Marriott should see that the 240000 points I exchanged for these miles appear back on my Bonvoy account. I waited long enough.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I made a points to miles transfer from Marriott hotels to Turkish airlines Miles and Smiles program. The points I earned with all my previous hotelstays. I transferred 240000 marriott rewards points into 80000 miles and 20000 bonus miles. Those miles should have appeared on my miles and smiles account beginning of januari. The 20000 appeared but the 80000 didn’t appear at all. I’m already 2,5 months in contact with Turkish Airlines and Marriott, several mails and calls, to finally get those miles there, but without a result. Marriott send me documents on which is mentioned that they did what they had to do and the transfer has been done, they say it’s turkish airlines fault the miles are not there. Turkish Airlines didn’t do anything this far then telling me I’ve to be patient, but their normal respond time is seven days and I’m waiting 2.5 months. 2 days ago I got in touch with Marriott again, I should have got a solution in 24 hours, still waiting however. The corresponding value of 80000 miles is 2400 USD. I only want the miles to be on my miles and smiles account and if that’s not possible Marriott should see that the 240000 points I exchanged for these miles appear back on my Bonvoy account. I waited long enough.
Here are the contacts. Use email only, no phone calls.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/turkish-airlines/

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/marriott/

https://www.elliott.org/answers/how-to-fix-your-own-consumer-problem/
https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This is a real shame. Are you aware that the merger of Marriott and SPG has been quite a disaster when it comes to their loyalty programs? Before writing, have a look at FlyerTalk and read about others' experiences. It has been quite awful. Also check out Turkish Air to see if any others have had this problem and what they did about it. Weihlac has given you the links to learn how to advocate for yourself. You're in a double-bind here because you don't know who is responsible for your points/miles being in limbo. So you'll have to go to both entities. Remember that the person reading your letter did not cause your problem and is in a position to help you. All you need is one person to investigate your transaction and straighten it out. Your job is to make that person want to help you. Good luck and please let us know what happens.