Please help!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 17, 2020
I have been with sprint for 14 months, their service first off is horrible I barely get signal most times, but I use hotspot religiously it's one thing I could rely when it came to sprint, but about 3 weeks ago my sevice went from bad to worse, I can no longer use my hotspot, i can easily go through a 100G in a billing cycle I'm at the end of the cycle and I still have 60G remaining, I have been on with customer service for an average of 5 hours a night trying to resolve this issue, their plan was to send me a booster, (this thing is the size of a computer tower and used so I can get the signal I should already be getting) but anyways now this booster doesn't work so I was on the phone last night for 8 hours, and was given the run around, the transfer game, the hold game, they did nothing but make a bad situation worse and they was getting off on this, I just want some to help me, I dont get why this is so hard for them.to understand

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Are you talking about a hardwired internet connection in your house? Or using your phone? Do you have a modem that is directly connected to an external cable?

Sep 4, 2019
Are you sure it’s not a problem with your device? I had the “modem” (as it was described to me) fail in my phone the last time my service got that bad.

Jul 17, 2020
No I live in area that doesn't have internet access, I use my hotspot to run my devices, and they sent me a magic box that is about the size of to average modems,

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I have been with sprint for 14 months, their service first off is horrible I barely get signal most times, but I use hotspot religiously it's one thing I could rely when it came to sprint, but about 3 weeks ago my sevice went from bad to worse, I can no longer use my hotspot, i can easily go through a 100G in a billing cycle I'm at the end of the cycle and I still have 60G remaining, I have been on with customer service for an average of 5 hours a night trying to resolve this issue, their plan was to send me a booster, (this thing is the size of a computer tower and used so I can get the signal I should already be getting) but anyways now this booster doesn't work so I was on the phone last night for 8 hours, and was given the run around, the transfer game, the hold game, they did nothing but make a bad situation worse and they was getting off on this, I just want some to help me, I dont get why this is so hard for them.to understand
Do you have a contract with Sprint? If not you should find out what networks have good service in your area and switch. You likely can use your phone on the ATT network, but possibly not on Verizon.

Jul 17, 2020
I under contract with sprint for 4 more months, I have even tried to get ahold of the account department to get out of my contract and they just keep send me back to tech support to solve in the issus even though I've told them no repeatedly

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I under contract with sprint for 4 more months, I have even tried to get ahold of the account department to get out of my contract and they just keep send me back to tech support to solve in the issus even though I've told them no repeatedly
Now is the time to choose your next cell provider with good service in your area (if there is one). Since you have no internet cable service you may also be far away from local cell towers. You will likely need to look into a repeater to amplify cell signals where you live. That may be what Sprint has already tried without success. It may work with another cell provider though.
Have you spoken to others in the area where you live to see if anyone has adequate cell service?

Reactions: jsn55
Sep 12, 2018
No I live in area that doesn't have internet access, I use my hotspot to run my devices, and they sent me a magic box that is about the size of to average modems,
That’s not going to help. What it does is use your home internet connection to create a mini cellphone “tower” so your phone can get its signal from the box. If you don’t have wired internet service at home, it’s not doing anything.

Reactions: krisseye and AMA

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
That’s not going to help. What it does is use your home internet connection to create a mini cellphone “tower” so your phone can get its signal from the box. If you don’t have wired internet service at home, it’s not doing anything.
This is what the OP presumably has; it is a cell signal booster not based on wi-fi

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I know nothing about this stuff, but I live in the country and my neighbors have reported moving the "booster" device around to see if it improves the signal.